Water

Brenda E.
on 8/23/09 12:33 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I am having a real issue getting in all my water every day.  Most days I am getting between 30-40 oz.  and that is including the 12 ounces of protein shakes.  Is there anything else I can have that would help me up my water intake? 
Penny Denny
on 8/23/09 5:07 am - Collinsville, VA
I THINK....(NOT SURE)...that sugar free popsicles count as liquid.

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Ms Court
on 8/23/09 6:09 am - Remington, VA
Add some flavors to your water.  Lemon, lime, crystal light, sugar free kool aid.  Anything to help you get it in.  It is difficult but important.  You definitely don't want to deal with dehydration and it can slow your weight loss down.  Keep trying.  Another helpful hint, carry it with you everywhere you go so it is always available.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

vagirl00
on 8/23/09 9:52 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
I am not a water lover, and I can't tolerate Crystal Light very well myself, but found that decaf iced tea works well for me.  Turkey Hill makes a decaf iced tea that is very good (in the refrigerated section), and Minute Maid makes a light lemonade (again, in the refrigerated section)....I mix the two in a large bottle for an "Arnold Palmer," and take it with me.  Two of the large bottles during the day gets me my 64 oz....anything beyond that is a bonus!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Kitty Kat
on 8/23/09 9:11 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Brenda,

Consult your surgeon's office for help as well. For me, I drink Crystal Light drop-in's, Kroger brand ones, South Beach ones & sometimes a few other kinds. Always caffeine free & I love to switch up the flavors so I don't get board. In general I drink 1 protein drink per day & eat the rest of my protein. You can use popsicles, broths, etc.

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Jen R.
on 8/23/09 10:39 pm - VA

Morning..

Try to aim for just one ounce more per day..baby steps! Popsicles do count. I was so focused on the water intake in the beginning that I let an ice pop melt in a measuring cup. Sorry I don't remember how much it was!

Jen      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views