New Food Ideas

Heide A.
on 8/21/09 2:16 am - Chantilly, VA
RNY on 02/24/09 with
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gents, I come to you all looking for ideas. I have gotten so bored with what I am eating that I need new ideas as to what I can fix myself. I CAN NOT eat chicken in any form, but can do everythinmg else. I was hoping that you all might have some great ideas and some recipes, I'm in major need of something new. I have gotten to where I only eat a handful of thing and want to add more to the mix. So any and all help would be great. Thanks
364      330      197   175
START  SURGERY  CURRENT GOAL

Brenda E.
on 8/21/09 4:36 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Heide,

I just bought a cookbook called Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery.  Havent had much of a chance to look through it yet but what I have seen looks great.  Plus they tell you the portion size for each type of surgery and how far out you are from surgery.    I did notice they have quite a few pork and fish recipes.

I am still on mushies so cant be more of a help to you than that right now.  I also am getting tired of the same old stuff each day.  And unfortunately my husband wont eat the same thing so I feel obligated to eat something til it is gone and that takes days!!!!! 

Good Luck!!
Ms Court
on 8/21/09 6:05 am - Remington, VA
I think we all tend to slip into a rut where our menus are concerned.  Start looking online for recipes you are interested in trying.  That is how I got some of our family favorites.  Not sure what type of ideas you are looking for so I am just going to throw things out there.

baked or grilled fish
shrimp
taco salad (no chips)
grilled veggies (or sauted)
london broil
grilled pork chops
kibobs
fresh fruit
fresh veggies

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

vagirl00
on 8/21/09 7:21 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Hey, Heide:

Some of the best recipes I have found have been thanks to "eggface," a bariatric patient who has her own site:  www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com.  You may want to try it...some delicious stuff there!

Good luck!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views