Dumping??

MerMer
on 8/19/09 6:57 pm
Good Early Morning,

I think I experienced dumping last night. I ate a few spoons of ice cream and got really sick afterwards. I started sweating, felt very nauseaus, terrible stomach pain. It really scared me. I'm so glad that I was at home. Does this sound like dumping?
Penny Denny
on 8/19/09 7:46 pm - Collinsville, VA
That sounds like dumping to me. Please be careful.

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Ms Court
on 8/19/09 10:38 pm - Remington, VA
Sounds like dumping to me.  Definitely need to be careful when trying new things, especially things that are high in sugar, fat or sugar alcohols.

Depending on what you have been doing so far with dairy products, it could have been a lactose intolerance episode.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

MerMer
on 8/19/09 11:24 pm
Ms. Court, I never thouhgt of the lactose. I had a problem with dairy before the surgery.
Ms Court
on 8/20/09 3:04 am - Remington, VA
It could be a lactose problem, especially if you are reacting when you have cheese, milk, or other dairy products.

I will admit though that ice cream (due to the sugar & milk combo) is one of the few things I can not tolerate, even now at almost 4 years out.

I do not mean any disrespect for the following statements, especially since I am not perfect and I do things wrong too.  I understand you are an adult and can make your own decisions, please think hard about how you work your tool and the benefits of losing the weight.  Do you want to start this early in your journey sliding past the guidelines that are set?

Testing my sugar limits was the worst mistake I ever made.  I should have just gone on thinking it would make me dump and I would feel horrible and never tried it.  It is one thing that has affected my journey and my commitment to my body. 

Again, no disrespect intended, just trying to help.

**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

caroline2622
on 8/20/09 6:10 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Wow  Ms Court said it sooo nicely but hit the nail on the head.  You have gone thru major surgery to loose weight.    Follow the nutritionist diet suggestions and you will loose.   The sugar will slow down your loss and interfere with healthy habits.  

Make the effort to include sugar free items.  Surprised myself how I now accept sugar free.  
A suggestions lactaid milk without the calcuim tastes very good.   I use it with my protein drinks.
Try crushing ice in the milk with some of the sugar free flavors.  

As Ms Court mentions we are all not perfect.  We all need support and reminders.   This is only a tool & you have to make life changes   I have so many surgery friends that have lost and regained their weight.    Keep in touch and be healthy

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
MerMer
on 8/20/09 6:50 am
Ms. Court and Caroline,

It was actually Edys' Sugar Free Ice Cream, that's why I tried it in the first place. Just didn't even considered the milk in it.

I am very careful of the foods that I intake. I would be really ignorant and stupid to go through major surgery of this kind for this reason only to not follow the guidelines and regain the weight and not have it work in my favor.
Ms Court
on 8/21/09 12:46 am - Remington, VA
Good to hear this!!

It could have also been the sugar alcohols.  Some people dump on those.  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views