Lunch Out

Brenda E.
on 8/18/09 4:37 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Tomorrow I am spending the day with my mother in law, shopping and a movie and I am sure lunch.  I have not ate out since the surgery and am really nervous about it!  I am still on mushies so that makes me even more nervous.  Any suggestions on places we could go and what I could have  in the Woodbridge area?
vagirl00
on 8/18/09 7:26 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with

I would suggest Panera to get some soup, Chili's, again for soup or chili...both are right around Potomac Mills.  Hope that helps!  (PS Don't be nervous, you will do just fine!)

Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Tina22026
on 8/18/09 12:32 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
I agree with Cindy!   Brenda - enjoy your outing and where ever you end up - order just a cup of soup and eat half of it.   Even though it's not much it always makes me feel special that l'm out in the "real world" and eating in a restaurant!   Have a super day!!!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

dwpersel
on 8/18/09 9:39 pm, edited 8/18/09 9:40 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Or refried beans from Taco Bell. or Wendy's chili.

Diana

lysb
on 8/18/09 11:11 pm - Alexandria, VA
Brenda - everyone had great suggestions, so i won't add to it, but wanted to say have fun out with the MIL...lys

Kelly T.
on 8/18/09 11:12 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Chili's has awesome broccoli cheese soup if you can tolerate it. 
Kelly
"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".

Ann S.
on 8/18/09 11:25 pm - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Ooooh Brenda, how exciting a girls' day out!  Sounds like so much fun!!  You'll have a blast.

All the suggestions you've gotten so far are terrific.  I discovered another nice thing.  I had lunch with a friend at Olive Garden & we asked them if they would put her soup through the blender & they did.  I don't know if they will all do that, but it can't hurt to ask.  Also, there is a card here on OH that you can print out, although the bloody thing is HUGE so I made a smaller version of it.  If you send me an email to [email protected], I will be happy to send my wallet-sized version to you.  It's a word document & you can type in your name, your surgeon's name, & his phone number.  If you present the card when you arrive at the restaurants, I've found that many will honor it.  Hmmm...maybe this would make a good topic for a new thread.  See?  You're inspiring!!

Ok, so go have a great time & come back with a full report! LOL

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Ms Court
on 8/18/09 11:48 pm - Remington, VA
Enjoy your outing!  Just remember don't wait too long to eat, try to stay on schedule so you don't get starving and gobble it up too fast, chew (if it needs to be chewed some), and go slowly.  :)

A soup option is good but do try to remember that things in restaurants are usually made with heavy fats & sugars, try to watch out for dumping.  (not trying to scare you, just trying to be realistic).

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Toobcherished
on 8/19/09 3:13 am - Henrico, VA
No suggestions from me but wanted to wish you a great day out!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views