Head Hunger

Brenda E.
on 8/17/09 2:40 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
How do you fight it?  I havent cheated and I can honestly say I have never felt physical hunger since the surgery.  But the last few days I keep thinking about pizza and pasta and hot dogs.  Been trying to stay busy but it isnt really helping.  How do you all handle it?
Ms Court
on 8/17/09 3:55 am - Remington, VA
Staying busy is really the only thing.  Take a walk, do some dancing, read a book.  Stay away from the television cause the commercials will add to the frustration.  You can do this!!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Heide A.
on 8/17/09 8:01 am - Chantilly, VA
RNY on 02/24/09 with
Head Hunger sucks big time, I had to stay away from TV for along time because it drove me crazy to see food....but for me when the head hunger hit  I would drink my water, it didn't always work, but it helped me get all my water in in the early stages, hell I'm not even 6 months post op yet, will be in a week, so at times the head hunger still hits. I used to journal about it, or go walk instead. I know it's not easy but it does get better as time goes by, I know easy said when you are dealing with it, but most of us have been there and we survived, so I have full hope you will also.
364      330      197   175
START  SURGERY  CURRENT GOAL

vagirl00
on 8/17/09 8:39 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
As the others have said, Brenda, the key is keeping busy.  Find things to distract you...whether it is a good book, getting up and doing laundry (fun, I know!), going for a walk, running errands...  In time it will be easier to deal with.  It's all part of the "re-learning" we have to do as part of the lifestyle changes.  Good luck!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

danie
on 8/17/09 12:25 pm - virginia beach, VA
So happy you asked this question Brenda. I have been dealing with the same thing. Its good to see i am not going crazy.
Brenda E.
on 8/17/09 7:44 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Nope you arent going crazy Danie!!  Unless we both are...lol    How are you doing?  Been thinking about you!
Denise V.
on 8/17/09 10:08 pm
Heya Brenda!

I know exactly what you are talking about!!!  When I was off from work after surgery I would watch the Disney channel with my daughter and OMG the number of food commercials on there are AMAZING!  I remember after my first surgery I could no****ch TV (I would DVR everything I liked to fast forward through the commercials) for over a month because of the number of food related commercials.  Even food I never liked prior to surgery looked awesome after!

I have noticed that when I have head hunger I will suck on a SF hard candy or sip some water.  While it is not the same as eating, it does help, at least I have noticed it does for me...

Hope you have a good day!
~*~Denise~*~
Proud Wife to Ben 9/14/04
Proud Mommy to Zoeyann 9/30/08
danie
on 8/18/09 12:40 am - virginia beach, VA
I am doing good Brenda. Still working on getting in all my protein. I think i am getting most of it down thou. I have started to go to the gym , 45 minutes on the treadmill . Getting ready to make that an hour this afternoon.  Can't say how much i weigh the last time i weighed myself was when i went for my 2 week post op check up. lol

I try to stay away from the scale in the begining i felt i was on it everyday for that first week. So i threw it out. All i know is that i am down 39 pounds, but that was almost 2 weeks ago.

How are you doing?
Brenda E.
on 8/18/09 12:47 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Doing good here also!  Protein is not the problem for me, water is.  For the life of me I cant seem to get enough in no matter what I try.  I need to do better about getting to the gym but I do get out and walk a bit each day.  So far down a total of 48lbs!  I am like you I am on the scale way too often and I need to hide it cause I am getting frustrated this week with it!! 
danie
on 8/18/09 1:04 am - virginia beach, VA
I am telling you Brenda ....that scale is the devil. It was making me go mad. I would step on it and it would say i was down 5 lb then it would say that i gain . I was freaking out but when i went to the dr i found out my true weightso lol i threw the scale out ana haven't been on in almost 2 weeks. feels good. My clothes are telling me that i am on track they are all starting to fall off. lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views