Another day, no relief but I lost....

Jen R.
on 8/13/09 11:45 pm - VA
I lost 1.5 lbs! Being back on track to to speak..getting rid of carbs with little nutritional value, upping the protein by using food and protein shakes..well I'm seeing results.

I went to th orthopedist yesterday at Portsmouth Naval Medical.At no fault of the doctor, I waited two hours!...Seems like the idiot corpsman put my file on the room next door but the door was wide open. They thought I went to the ladies room, x-ray, or just plain ran away! I finally heard someone say Ryan something something something...so I went to the front desk and the corpsman was like'where have you been?" Where have I been..in the friggen room you put me in two hours ago moron..Yes I did say that.
Well the doc came in, nice guy very thorough, wants me to continue physical therapy and have an MRI..Here is the kicker...Doc wants me to ask my  gb surgeon to approve prescription anti-inflamatory for a MONTH. WTF? well there is no way I'm doing that one
so it's back to my pcp and get on a pain management system until all is resolved.

Good grief!
Have a wonderful day y'all.

Jen      

Ms Court
on 8/14/09 1:22 am - Remington, VA
Congrats on the weight loss Jen!  Hope the pain goes away and you are feeling better soon!!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

vagirl00
on 8/14/09 9:06 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Feel better, Jen!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Ann S.
on 8/14/09 9:31 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
I just love it when I see people taking an proactive part in their own health care.  Too many people just leave it up to the docs & don't dare question anything.  And boy did you bring back memories of the bad old days having to go to military facilities for health care.  Looks like some things never change...lol.

I hope you get to feeling much better soon, Sweets.  No one should have to be in pain all the time.  And hoooorayyyy on the weight loss.  Sounds like you're making some good changes.  Go****'s amazing how freaking easy it is to get off track.  I thank God I have all of you for support.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

jolene_l
on 8/17/09 8:20 am - Jacksonville, FL
Gotta love the MTF's.....LOL!!!! 

Hope you feel better.  I am with you on the carbs thing....I am stuck again and I know what I need to do so here goes nothing.....back to the protein shakes in the morning and I think I am going to add one in the afternoon too.....I have been super exhausted lately!!!

Hope things get better with the pain management.....see if they can send you to a pain management clini****il they can get something straightened out.  I just started working for one here in FL and it is AMAZING what they can do.

Jolene

Kelly T.
on 8/20/09 4:39 am - Woodbridge, VA
Want to know what I find ironic?  The fact that nurses and doctors that work in MTFs go to the exact same colleges that civilian nurses and doctors go to.  Judging MTFs off of one experience with a corpsman that probably was overwhelmed with patients is like judging all of the Targets by one experience with one cashier. 

I was a Navy corpsman for half of my career and a Navy nurse for most of the other half.  I now work with a bunch of civilian nurses that for the most part, IMO, do not care about their patients or their facility.  They care about when they'll get their next paycheck and how they can get over on the system. 

I would do anything to go back to the daily grind in a Navy hospital and at least know that I was working along side of fellow corpsmen and nurses that actually cared about their patients.

Sorry to butt in.  I'm a lurker on the VA website and am offended too easily.
Kelly
"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views