one week follow up 8/12/09

wtaylor
on 8/11/09 3:02 pm - fairfax, VA
My one week follow up is in AM.I feel great I made it through one week of liquids. Can anyone tell me what to expect in rthe next phase? Any favorite foods in musshies. Let me know

lysb
on 8/11/09 9:07 pm - Alexandria, VA
Congratulations!  i'd check out www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com for mushies ideas.  Keep up the good work! lys

wtaylor
on 8/11/09 10:11 pm - fairfax, VA
Thanks for jnfo i will check it out

Tina22026
on 8/12/09 12:51 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Way to go on your first week being done.  Mushies!  l was so excited and scared when l got to this stage.  Everyone is different on what they like and don't like; what they can tolerate, etc...   For me, l made it a fun experiment to try different suggestions and see what worked.   Scrambled egg was my favorite with a little bit of cheese.   l couldn't eat it all at first but now l can get a whole egg in.  Cottage cheese - my personal fave and l have it everyday.  Refried beans also good.  But, also l'd go to the website Lys suggested - great recipes there for all stages!   Best of luck at your appt.

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Brenda E.
on 8/12/09 1:30 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Congrats on going to mushies!  I know how excited I was to actually get to chew something again.  I have been on mushies for a week now and doing great!  Refried bean with a little cheese and sour cream are one of my favorites.  I also like scrambled egg, grilled some turkey burgers and put broccoli and cheese with it (just make sure the turkey is very moist after you cook it), going to try chili with my hubby tonight.  There are lots of options out there you just have to look for what works best for you and what you like. 

Good luck to you!
Ms Court
on 8/12/09 11:33 am - Remington, VA
Congrats on your first week through!!!!  Mushies can be fun.  Just remember to have moist foods and to chew (even though it is mushy).  I basically just ate what ever lean meat & veggies/fruit was for dinner.  Stuck it in a blender then ate away.  One of my favs especially when I was craving old tastes was some low fat hamburger,  brown it, throw on a slice of low fat cheese and have a mushy burger.  Yogurt, oatmeal, cottage cheese, cream of wheat, scrambled eggs, tuna salad, egg salad, chili, beans & ham, are some easy choices.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Ann S.
on 8/13/09 12:25 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Welcome to mushie land!!  You've gotten so many wonderful suggestions...I don't think I can improve on any of them, other than to say what tastes good today, may not tomorrow or a few days from now, so having a variety to choose from is a good idea.  And that way you don't get bored & tempted to eat things you shouldn't.

You're doing great...I'm proud of you!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views