Anyone get the band with Bluepoint? Dr. Hami/Dr. Tran?

Mary B.
on 8/11/09 2:33 am - Southern, MD
Im curious as to the eating plan. Im almost 6 months out and struggling. Ive tried counting calories, counting carbs, just eating extra protein, its just not working for me.

Ive looked all thru the binder and my notes. I see examples of what to eat, but no guidelines as to calories, carbs. I know protien is like 65 grams a day for women.

I understand Brittany is leaving now. I havent met the new NUT. I had sent an email...but never got a response. I should make an appt, but its almost 2hours from my house.

Thanks!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

lysb
on 8/11/09 9:08 pm - Alexandria, VA
Mary - i had RNY with dr's halmi & tran.  I'd call the nutritionist again, i have not met her yet but have heard good things.  CALL!  wishing you goodluck with your journey.  lys

melslongjourney
on 8/11/09 11:23 pm
When I met  with Dr. Tran last week he said that the calorie intake everyday should be about 1000 and about 1200 for matience. That was one of my concerns about getting enough nutrition. I told him a 1000 calories really wasn't alot and he said to lose weight on the band thats what you need to do. So from what I gather is you need to count calories as well as make sure those calories have enough protien to keep you full and healthy. I have the same drive as you know that's the only thing that sucks about going to his office. I met the new NUT she's nice and I too have good things. *hugs*

~Melissa~
SW/326 CW/224 GW/175
~ 4cc added in 11cc realize- C band~ 02/08/10~
~1 cc added 03/08/10
~1 cc added 05/03/10
~ 1cc added 07/26/10
~ .05 cc added 09/09/10
~ .05 cc added 01/06/11
~ .25 cc added 06/06/11

Mary B.
on 8/11/09 11:37 pm - Southern, MD
Thanks!!

I dont remember hearing that at all! LOL I even re-read my binder and notes. I just couldnt find it anywhere. Uggg...1000 is gonna be tough. I was shooting for 1200-1400 range. Maybe thats the problem. LOL 

I did see Brittany a couple times and she was really nice. Maybe I'll see if I cant get in with the new NUT the same day I go back for a fill in Sept.

Until then...here's to 1000 calories a day! 
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

dwpersel
on 8/12/09 6:47 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Hi Mary B,

I am 29 months out and still losing slowly. On the days I teach Water and Zumba Gold I take in about 1200 calories. On the days I don't teach, 800-900 calories a day. Doing Zumba I can burn between 500-1000 calories an hour, especially when I teach on an indoor pool deck.

Hope this helps.

Diana

Ann S.
on 8/13/09 12:36 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Ladies, one of the key factors to making our band work for us is exercise.  I'm glad Diana brought it up.  When you talk to the Nut., ask her how to balance out calories with activity, & if you do a heavy workout, what KIND of calories should you shoot for.

I have a long drive as well, so I try to plan make the most of it...making a Nut appt to go along with Dr appt is a good idea.  And follow it up with lunch with some friends.  I'm assuming ya'll are making the pilgrimage to Fair Oaks?  If so, we have a few of us that get together for lunch whenever I'm driving in.  We'd love to have you join us.  Let me know so maybe we can coordinate.

Great questions though...I would be interested in the answers.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views