A Satisfying Saturday

MerMer
on 8/8/09 12:50 pm
Hello All,

I have problems eating solid foods. So today I went to visit a friend of mine and she makes great home made chicken pot pies. So as I was helping her dice the chicken breast I was praying that I would be able to just taste the broth and not get ill. Well after they were done I was actually able to eat about 1/4 cup. I know not alot but a small victory for me. Because it didn't get stuck and I didn't get sick and I was able to eat a semi solid food.
Tina22026
on 8/8/09 10:03 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
That is a small victory Mary!   l know the feeling - hang in there it all gets better with time.

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

caroline2622
on 8/8/09 11:35 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Great to hear  Mary!   Sauses were my friend early out and learned to chew well. 

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
lysb
on 8/9/09 4:28 am - Alexandria, VA
So glad for you!  thanks for sharing the good news.  I did a lot of trader joe's cream based soups (they come in cartons) so you can pour out a little at a time.  Just a thought.  keep up the good work. lys

vagirl00
on 8/9/09 7:29 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with

So glad to hear it!  Remember, the key is to chew well, eat slowly and keep meats moist.  Dry meat tends to get stuck...along with over cooked meat.  Keep up the great work.  :)

Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Ann S.
on 8/9/09 10:18 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Yayyyyyy Mary!!!!  I have to laugh...where else could you go to receive so much excitement from grown women because you ate solid food? LOL  I'm so happy you shared your wow moment!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Ann S.
on 8/9/09 10:19 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Yayyyyyy Mary!!!!  I have to laugh...where else could you go to receive so much excitement from grown women because you ate solid food? LOL  I'm so happy you shared your wow moment!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Ms Court
on 8/9/09 10:40 pm - Remington, VA
Great job!  It will get better!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views