OT: Elementary School advice/review

Leia from MN
on 8/7/09 4:48 am - Richmond, VA

Hello again!

I'm working on becoming the queen of OT topics as I try to learn more about your area. 

It appears that my new home may have my daughters attending Ginter Park Elementary School.  Having never heard of any of the schools, and not able to find much of anything about them other than their school/district websites, I would like to know what you think.  Look somewhere else to live?  It's great?  Live there, but go to a private school? 

Any and all info you can give me would be great.  Talking to a real estate agent really only gives me enough info to make me want the house, not be able to evaluate the schools.

Leia
292/189

Enjoying life and all of it's bumps and bruises along the way.

Ms Court
on 8/7/09 5:31 am - Remington, VA

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Lifeski
on 8/8/09 9:30 am
 I don't know about Ginter Park but have you looked into Hanover County?  I realize I am biased because I have lived here for 14 years and I work in the school system.  Pretty much all of the counties in this area have good schools.  It is a process of figuring  out what will fit your family.  When we were moving here we looked at the schools then the surrounding houses. We looked for months before finally deciding on an area.    Good luck to you.  If there is anything I can help with let me know.  I am in the Cool Springs Elementary area in Hanover County.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

Leia from MN
on 8/9/09 3:11 am - Richmond, VA
I have a child with an autism spectrum disorder and rather detailed IEP.  So the schol that she would attend would have to be able to accomodate her modified classroom needs.  That's really my biggest concern.
Leia
292/189

Enjoying life and all of it's bumps and bruises along the way.

Lifeski
on 8/13/09 2:53 am
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.  It has been a tad crazy in my house.  I understand about finely detailed IEPs and wish you luck with your search for a school to meet her needs.  I would probably contact the central office of each school system you are looking into and speak to the person who heads special education department for the county.  You may find that each system has one or two schools that specifically have programs to address the types of needs your daughter has.  Good luck.

Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views