Getting Back on Track - Thursday post

Ms Court
on 8/5/09 10:37 pm, edited 8/5/09 10:46 pm - Remington, VA
Good Morning!  How are you?  I am good.  I am inspired by Ann's encouragement, the posts of several of my "long lost friends" on here, our rededication to the board and other things.  It is time for me to get back on track.  This is spur of the moment so I don't have a complete plan yet, it will be a work in progress.  I am going to do a daily post (at least during the week) to help myself.  Feel free to join in, read, ask questions, whatever.  Thanks for all your love, help, friendship, prayers, thoughts, support, etc.

This a.m. I weighed in at 172, that is 20 lbs up from my lowest weight.  I want to lose that 20 lbs.  I am going to work on getting my eating habits back on track, getting my water intake back up and cutting back on my caffeine intake, getting my vitamins in and some exercise.

Food for the day:

Breakfast: a mini whole grain bagel with peanut butter, Dannon light & fit yougurt
Snack: 2 clementines
Lunch: pork chop & some sauteed veggies
Snack: not sure
Dinner: not sure

Exercise: will probably be a walk of some sort as I don't have to many options right now.

Vitamins are at my elbow, ready to take when I get my breakfast in.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Brenda E.
on 8/5/09 11:33 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Good morning Court!!  Glad to see you doing the daily post again!  Good luck getting that 20lbs off again, sounds like you have a good plan to reach your goal.  I am sure you will have it off before you know it!

As for me I had a rough night with pain but feeling much better this morning.  Tried to make an appt with my PCP this morning only to find out he is out of town until the 18th so they recommended an urgent care.  Dont think I want to do that so not real sure what to do.  Going to call the surgeons office and talk to the nurse and see what she suggests.  Still didnt get the AC fixed yesterday, turns out that our compressor is completely shot so they had to order a new one and thought it would be here today.  Please keep your fingers crossed for me that they get it fixed today.  Planning on going to the support group meeting tonight.  Hope see some of you there :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Jen R.
on 8/5/09 11:37 pm - VA
I think we all do better when we remember to lean on each other.

Breakfast:
1 cup Greek yogurt, sweetened with splenda
1/2 cup blueberries
coffee--prolly more than I need but that is my only constant vice

took my AM vitamins and meds. I will need to take more in the PM.

Lunch...deli ham 3 slices, 1 cheese stick, 1/4 cup baby carrots 3 tbs of lite Ranch dressing

dinner..not sure
snacks: 1 protein drink

Jen      

vagirl00
on 8/6/09 6:59 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
I'm in!!!  :)  I need to really rededicate myself to the "rules" and this will be a great way to do it, so thanks, Courtney!

My goal is to lose 14 lbs.  That will get me to my ultimate goal (personal one ... doc's goal already met).  I am rounding up all sorts of recipes and foods that I know will help get me there, and I am getting back into the exercise routine again. 

Food for today:

B -- Muscle Milk Light RTD, Chocolate
S -- None
L -- A little salad, turkey and some beans (met some OHers at Golden Corral, so picked a few things I knew I could eat)
S -- Whole grain crackers
D -- Chobani yogurt w/flax and GoLean cereal, a couple of fresh cherries
S -- Chocolate marshmallow protein shake

No problems with vitamins, almost done for the day!

Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Ann S.
on 8/6/09 8:54 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
 Well, they say confession is good for the soul.  Since Courtney was kind enough to brave it & fess her sins, I will too.

I am soooo far off base, it's not EVEN funny!  I have a long history of not taking my meds.  I cannot figure out why I keep falling into this behavior...maybe some of you out there can help shed some light on this problem.  I eat all the right things, &  plenty of the wrong things too.  Since I don't have issues with sugar, CHOCOLATE is my downfall. Along with chips & dip.

As for exercise, I will never be able to work out like Jill or Lys or most of you, but I have discovered some useful things I can do with WiiFit.  Haven't done it since a few days before my son's wedding last month!!  I said in an earlier post that I had a goal to reach...getting into my mother-of-the-groom size 16 dress.  Well, I did that.  Now I need a new goal to work towards.

So now that I've confessed my sins, here's my plan:

1.  I got a fill today so hopefully I will be able to keep my portions small again.  Certainly worked today at the luncheon...had some thin clam chowder, with very little "other" stuff, & a little bit of banana pudding.  I hadn't eaten yet so I could afford the extra calories (can't eat before a fill).

2.  I will STOP buying &/or bringing home the junk.  No more chips or candy.  I'll opt for fruit instead.

3.  I have a lovely veggie garden growing & am starting to harvest goodies like 3 kinds of squash, tomatoes, peas, & green beans.  And in a couple more weeks I should have corn on the cob.  I do love fresh veggies, so that's what's gonna go past my lips now.

4.  I'm going to wake my WiiBuddy from her coma & get to working out in the AM.  I have found out, through research, that working out late in the day adds to insomnia.  Also eating meals too late, so no solid foods after 7 (since I go to bed around 1 am every day anyway), & workouts in the morning.  Should I work out before or after breakfast??

5.  And finally, my NEW GOAL.  I want OUT of the terrible twos!!!  I'm only 13 lbs from it, so this shouldn't be too difficult to achieve.  I'll worry about my next goal when I reach this one.  Should I set a timeframe to achieve this new goal???

Ok, so that's my plan.  Comments please!!

Love to all!!!  And thank you Courtney for starting this.  Gosh I've missed you all!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Cindy S.
on 8/6/09 1:05 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Hi to all of you.
  Getting back to basics is what I need and will do, also. In June I celebrated 8 years out from having an RNY, but the pounds seem to be creeping up. The last couple months have been stressful at home and work, which lead me tofood grazing.

Today I had...
     Breakfast...Greek strawberry yogurt and a couple triscuits.
     Lunch...Pork LoMein
     Dinner...peanut butter and triscuits, some grapes.

Caffeine is my passion as well. Had 2 cups of coffee in the morning and 1 Diet Pepsi. Also drank some water.

Exercise included housecleaning...bending and stretching.
 Thank you to Court and Anne for the inspiration. Thank y ou to everyone for the continued support and suggestions to keep focused on this journey.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views