Please tell me it will get better

MerMer
on 8/5/09 5:07 am
Hello All,

Really feeling down in the dumps right now. I still can not really eat solid foods and it seems like even liquid comes back up. I talked to my surgeon and he seems to think that my pouch is just really sensitive and it just takes time but it will get better. I'm just so miserable.
vagirl00
on 8/5/09 11:07 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
I am sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult time.  Please keep in touch with your surgeon and make sure you get in to see him if you need to!  Hopefully your pouch is just a little touchy and you will be able to ease into solids very shortly.

If I can be of help, feel free to PM me. 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Ann S.
on 8/5/09 12:02 pm - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Awww, sweetie, I'm sorry you're down in the dumps.  Some of that could be from crazy hormones, some from concern & frustration at not being able to eat the way you thought you would.  I wish I had some magical words that would make it all perfect for you, but I don't.  What I CAN say is that with patience & continued committment to your journey, along with the help of your surgeon & wl team, this will all pass.  But thank you for trusting us here & showing your vulnerability.  As each of us work through our struggles, & share those struggles with each other, we can help each other, & learn from each other.

Tomorrow is a new day...I hope things improve for you.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Sarah N.
on 8/5/09 1:17 pm - Richmond, VA
IT WILL GET BETTER.

I promise. I totally feel your pain - I was a miserable, miserable person for about the first 3 months after my surgery. I didn't feel good, I felt weird b/c I couldn't eat normal things, I had all these new rules - and all I could think about was "This is forever, this is my life now." I thought I would never get through it - but I did. Honestly, if I had a band, I would have gone back to my surgeon and told him to take it out during that time. (That's one reason I chose the bypass - I knew myself and that I would feel that way)

I know that hearing it will get better doesn't really help right now, but know that we have been there, it's normal, and it will pass. Eventually you will return to normal - it just takes some time. Best of luck to you!!!

Sarah   Adventures in Sarah's World                        (27 lbs. lost pre-op)      

27 pounds lost pre-op

lysb
on 8/6/09 6:05 am - Alexandria, VA
Quick note, Sarah N, you look FABULOUS!!! long time no see.. lys

Ms Court
on 8/5/09 10:11 pm - Remington, VA

Hormones definitely play in to it.  As you start to lose weight the fat cells that were hording all your hormones break up and release those hormones into your body and you go into hormone overload.  It will get better.  You will have good days and bad days.  I am concerned though that you said you are having troubles with liquids.  Please keep and eye on this and if you can't get liquids to stay down tell your surgeon.  It could be a stricture.

I too struggled with the feeling emotions now that I was "different", couldn't eat real food, had to special prepare things, plan my day around my eating schedule, etc.  What finally really helped me feel better, go to an event and realizing that there are all these wonderful people from the VA board who are doing the same things, feeling the same things, experiencing the same things.  You are not alone!!!!  We understand and feel for you!  It will get better.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

lysb
on 8/6/09 6:05 am - Alexandria, VA
Everyone had great advice, this too, shall pass, it does probably rot right now, but it is sooo totally worth it, hang on and follow the program.  we are here for ya. lys

danie
on 8/7/09 3:53 am - virginia beach, VA
I am so sorry. Hoepfully in a short time you will be able to handle solids better.
Melissa N.
on 8/7/09 5:45 am - Stafford, VA
It is tough in starting off.  It does get better.  If you need to talk send me a PM....

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views