Wonderful Wednesday

Ann S.
on 8/5/09 2:49 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Hey Lys?  Can you bottle up some of that energy you always seem to have?  I need a fix NOW!!! LOL.  Work out at the gym...I WISH!!  I haven't done my WiiFit since a couple days before my son's wedding last month.  My motivation was getting into that size 16 dress...guess I need to find a new goal to work towards?

You are such a good role model.  Thanks for being an inspiration.

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Ann S.
on 8/5/09 2:46 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Brenda, I just love your posts!  In spite of adversity, you still remain positive & motivated.  That's the kind of attitude that will bring you success in your journey for better health.  Keep it up!!

I, too, have been wondering/worrying about Denise.  I hope someone, or herself, will give us an update soon.

I'm having a good day so far...I hope yours good too!

My day is consisting of some minor weeding of a flowerbed, had the phone company out to repair the phone line that is hooked up to my cardiac monitor, & in a few minutes I will be leaving to visit with a BFF that I haven't seen in 10 years!!!  She just had a baby a little over a week ago so I have goodies to deliver.  Then hopefully a quiet evening with the hubbs & a good dinner that will include bounty from my veggie garden.  I picked a zucchini & fried it up in some olive oil...OMG....sooooo yummy!  Nothing compares to enjoying the fruits of your labors, especially when it comes to home grown veggies!!

Have a good one!!

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Ms Court
on 8/5/09 2:56 am - Remington, VA
I am a big Zuchinni & Squash lover.  Here is one of my favorite recipes.

1 Zuchinni
1 onion (pick your size depending on how much you like)
1 Tomato
Velveeta Cheese, (a couple of slices off the block)
grated parmesan cheese (the green container in the frig)

Chop your Zuchinni & Onion into nice bite size pieces, fry them up with a little bit of olive oil (go to the firmness/softness you prefer).  Add 1 diced tomato & Velveeta (cut it into little blocks) and cook til cheese is melted.  Sprinkle on some Parmesan.  Enjoy!!!!

I love this recipe, we have been eating it since I was little.  You can add in some other spices if you like (garlic salt, salt, pepper, etc).  Throw in some italian baked or grilled chicken, put it on top of egg noodles, wheat pasta, etc.  Yum!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Brenda E.
on 8/6/09 1:31 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Thanks Ann!  I try to stay positive because it sure doesnt help to wallow in self pity...even though I do have my moments of that!

I agree nothing tastes better than home grown veggies!  I cannot wait til I can have them again.  Had dinner at my inlaws last night and would have loved to have a slice of tomato or cucumber out of the garden with them.
Denise V.
on 8/5/09 6:43 am
Hi there Brenda!

So glad to hear you are doing well!  Oh man, sorry to hear about the air situation, thank god you were able to get the window unit in pretty quickly!  Good luck at the store, I know I enjoyed getting the heck out of the house!!

Ps, thanks for thinking of me, you are so sweet!
~*~Denise~*~
Proud Wife to Ben 9/14/04
Proud Mommy to Zoeyann 9/30/08
Tina22026
on 8/5/09 11:03 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Wow = glad you slept well last night Brenda.  Well, it's been a long day here - my daughter came home and we went wedding dress shopping.   now it's after 9pm.   but l wanted to say way to go Melissa!!  Awesome job on meeting your goal and doing so so well.   You are an inspiration!  Hope to see you and the others tomorrow night at the support group!

l see Halmi in the afternoon - l'm almost 7 months out - can't wait to see how my labs came out and how much l weigh!  l'll keep ya'll posted.

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Cindy S.
on 8/5/09 1:00 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Happy Wednesday night to all of you!
 Brenda, congratulations on your progress after surgery. Getting to the store will help you so in so many ways.
This work week is a short one for me. Beginning tomorrow I have a three day weekend! YaaHoo.
    Today was a typical work day..tieing up loose ends before a nice long weekend. Did I say that I have a three day weekend. Every minute will be savored. After work I came home to relax and check the puter.
      In the morning, my car will be inspected. If all goes well, then I will head to Manassas for lunch.
**Anne, if I don't make it this time it is because my car will be in the shop.**
     Need to do some housework as friends are coming for breakfast on Friday.
      Have a great Thursday!
     Cindy
Brenda E.
on 8/6/09 1:33 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Thanks everyone for your support and encouragment!!!  It means alot to me and you all are an inspiration to me.  I see how far you all have come and know that I can get there myself.  I feel that I am finally on the right track to better health!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views