Any ideas

danie
on 8/3/09 9:38 am - virginia beach, VA
OK so i am about 1 week post op from having rny. I am feeling great and is able to do much more that i thought i would be at this stage. My water intake is great. The protein not so good yet. I think its because i am still trying to find one i like.

So does anyone have any ideas or recipes they would like to share.. I would love to get any for protein shakes that would be awesome.
Brenda E.
on 8/3/09 10:34 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I dont have any recipes Danie but I bought a sampler pack from www.bariatriceating.com and I love the dessert protein drinks that are in there.  The ready made ones I didnt care for so much but the powders I am loving.  Had one today that was like banana pudding that I LOVED!!!!! 

You are doing better than me if you are getting all your water in.  I was told to just aim for 64 ounces of fluids total this week and still struggling but did manage to get in 40 grams of protein today! 

Good luck finding one you like...I hear it can be difficult! 
Ms Court
on 8/3/09 10:29 pm - Remington, VA
I always preferred the Isopure Zero Carb Dutch Chocolate.  Usually I just drank it with milk, stirred well.  Actually experimented a little and would throw it in the bullet (or blender) with a scoop of peanut butter.  It may take some time but hopefully you will find one you love.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

lysb
on 8/3/09 10:36 pm - Alexandria, VA
Danie - check out www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com she has lots of recipes there as well.   Good to see you posting! lys

Jen R.
on 8/4/09 11:13 pm - VA
Yup..I recommend this site too.

Jen      

danie
on 8/5/09 2:01 am - virginia beach, VA
That website is great!!!!!! So many great food ideas. thanks so much lys
Penny Denny
on 8/3/09 10:57 pm - Collinsville, VA
I like the EAS Advantage ready to drink shakes. I put mine in the freezer for about 30 minutes before drinking to get them nice and cold. I like all the flavors.

Good luck

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

danie
on 8/5/09 2:03 am - virginia beach, VA
I got my hubby to pick me up some from walmart. I have to say they are not bad at all. I tried the french vanilla one, really good.
Penny Denny
on 8/5/09 4:28 am - Collinsville, VA
Good to hear. I think I like chocolate the best, but they are all pretty good.

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

MerMer
on 8/4/09 5:01 am

Hello Danie,

I am so glad you are doing so well. Congrats on your grea****er intake. I  have not been doing good with the protein either.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views