Why is our VA board so DEAD???

Ann S.
on 8/4/09 5:55 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
I can remember a time when it took at LEAST an hour to get through all the posts, now, not so much!  What's up?  What do we need to do to breathe some life back into our board?

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

caroline2622
on 8/4/09 6:01 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
I think we need to get back to what the board is all about.   Weight loss and working towards keeping it off.       Help new members with our experiences.   

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
vagirl00
on 8/4/09 11:16 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Lots of changes, Ann....not sure how to breathe life back into it!  Maybe some of the newbies can give some ideas of what they would like to see on here. 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

SWEET Tink
on 8/4/09 11:45 am
Hello my beautiful Ann ...
I had not posted in months as we talked . There has always been great influence here . And as we both know . Life goes on .. and people after so many years of being post op - tend not to need the support system that Oh offers .
Myself ..Love posting ..
I have not posted here ... only to post about the weekend events .

Maybe we need a post where we introduce one another again ... tell your story ?

Lemme know ... perhaps you can get us started ..

Love you ,

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

Jen R.
on 8/4/09 11:20 pm - VA
As an 'oldie' this is very common in the summer months, then the return to school.

Personally, there gets to be too much non weight loss issues that happen here. HOWEVER,
I need to keep reminding myself that I do have years of advice to give. And you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!

So come on  folks tell us what you need.

Jen      

Ms Court
on 8/4/09 11:35 pm - Remington, VA
There seems to be several things happening to our board.  Part of it is the normal summer slow down as so many are busy with life.  There are some people who are on hiatus due to where they are in life and what they need right now.  I believe there has been some behind the scenes things happening to some that has affected their participation also.

I did address this a month or so ago as I noticed that the daily posts were not getting a response.  There was some genuinely good feedback and response for awhile and then it died again.  I just kind of gave up on that as I did not want to pu**** again.

I too miss our board, the great conversations, support and community we have but am at a loss as to what else to do.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

lysb
on 8/5/09 1:08 am - Alexandria, VA
I do remember last August being REALLY slow as well.  As a "swim mom", august is down time, where i'm not running around like a wild woman, kind of relishing it.  As i start back to work with the new school year (end of august), i'm just running around trying to spend quality time with my daughter and hubby.  i do check the board pretty much daily.  i do miss seeing folks post. lys

prissy25
on 8/5/09 2:05 am - Barboursville, VA
Ive been gone because  several reason, 1) becaue of the changes here on the board there were only certain people  who were involved at times, 2) drama and  the lack of weightloss relates subjects 3) and most of all because of where my life is right now when needed support there was none here for me  but  by certain people and  I chose not to put it out to everyone and went private and to those who know what's going on Thank you for your support and encouragment emails. My life  has been busy these last 4-5 months and now looking for a fulltime job it is very cunsumming so I dont get to spend alot of time here. My email is the same and my group is the same and meets and its on the OH board and  my contacts reach me when they need me. Its sad to see a boosting VA board  go down like it has I know I depended on this sight  100% during my journey day in an day out. Now I have  I can count  1 person when Im in  great need I can call for myself for help, other  than my group, but  that  1 person is the only person who know  EVERYTHNG about me and my struggles and thats what  the boards are  supposed to be about. Id like to see it a happy  joyfull bunch again but  I dont  know.  To all the pre-ops there is alot of great information here and alot of post-ops on the VA board and in VA if you search us out  I know Id be more than glad to help in any way, my email is posted please feel free to pm anytime. And  Courtney baby gurl u do a fine job sweetie.....  
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Ann S.
on 8/5/09 2:32 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Wow!  Excellent feedback.  And I think EVERYONE made good points.

Perhaps the key IS that we need input from our newbies.  However, that being said, I have seen where newbies have posted & gotten very few responses.  Perhaps we don't know that answer directly, but I'm sure we could direct them to the direction they need to go to get the answers.

Summer does tend to slow down...not our lives, but our participation on OH.  Let's face it...make a decision between family picnic or Kings Dominion, or spend an hour on OH?  Hmmmm.  LOL  But we do have newbies that are having their surgeries during the summer slowdown too, so maybe we oldtimers could make a teeny extra effort to come here, even if it's just a couple times of week.

Too many "other" issues here?  Yup.  And I'm certainly guilty of that, given my big hoopla last week.  Won't say anything further on THAT.  Would you all agree that most of us are on Facebook & what a perfect place to be "sociable", to share our outside adventures?  But we should keep in mind that some of those adventures or dilemmas ARE related to wls.  As many of us say, the journey isn't JUST about the surgery itself.  Mood swings, ah hah moments, how come this, why that, & is this normal...all wl related.

I believe that we owe it to ourselves & to those that come after us to keep on working, pushing, supporting, & trying to figure out how to keep this board alive because LORD KNOWS we do such good work when we work as a team.  The newbies need our knowledge & we need them to keep us on our toes, to keep our "basics" fresh, because we STILL need those basics as much as they do.

Ok newbies...I know you're reading this. I, personally, make a committment to you to be here when  you need me.  I will try to answer your questions.  If I don't know the answer, then I will try to direct you to where you could get the answer.  But realize that we don't read minds.  You have to tell us what your needs are, ok?  You're part of this team too.  As a committed unit, we CAN bring this board back up to its former highest standards.

So who's on board????

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Jen R.
on 8/5/09 8:55 am - VA

I'm in. In fact I'll do a new post!

Jen      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views