Bluepoint Surgical Support Group 8/6 @6:30pm

Brittany_RD
on 8/3/09 1:07 am
August Support Group Meeting Reminder:    The Bluepoint Surgical Group Support Group meeting for August is taking place Thursday, August 6th at Potomac Hospital from 6:30-8:00pm. The meeting is being held in the Education Center (part of the new building), on the Garden Level. There is parking available in the back of the building - next to employee parking.   This month we will be having a recipe swap! The idea is that you all bring in a copy of your favorite weight loss friendly recipe. I have several good cook books I am going to bring in and share with you all. It can be a simple as something scratched down on paper that you made up yourself, or just bring in a cook book you like. We are all always looking for new foods to keep our diets going!!!!  This should be a fun one! See you Thursday!   

As many of you know this will be my last support group....below is a posting from the Bluepoint froum....I love and will miss you all. 

Hello Everyone,

I have a little, well maybe big update for you all. I don't know the best way to say this, so I am just going to go for it.

I have made a decision to resign from my position at Bluepoint Surgical Group. This was in no way an easy decision, but I am confident that it is the right one for me at this stage in my life. My decision to leave is based on an upcoming move....to Belgium! Yes, you read that correctly, I am moving to Brussels Belgium on September 5th. My last day of work at Bluepoint will be August 21st.

I want you all to know that each and every one of you have touched my life. I have made some amazing (lifelong, I hope) friends in the past years and I would not trade this experience for anything. It is important for you all to know that your support and care will remain unchanged. Many of you know Ashley who has been working as our second dietitian since December. She is an amazing dietitian who will take over my role, and we are in the process of hiring a second dietitian for the team. One of my biggest fears when deciding to move on, was that you all would somehow feel abandoned or that your support system was gone. I hope that you will trust me when I tell you that Ashley and I will do everything we can to make sure that does not happen.

One of my greatest gifts over these past few years have been seeing your progress, and watching you reach your goals. So many of you have just started or are about to start on your journey and I want you to keep me updated! My hope is that in some way I have touched you lives as much as you have mine. Okay, now I am crying...so I better wrap this up!

Facebook is a great way to keep in touch! Bluepoint has a Facebook Group, check it out! Also, I can give my personal e-mail to those who would like.

Thank you so much for the love, friendship and laughs. I will miss each and every one of you...

Brittany Ray
Registered Dietitian
Bluepoint Surgical Group

Brenda E.
on 8/3/09 1:59 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Not sure if I will make it to the support group meeting...just depends on how I am feeling.  I am feeling better everyday though!!  I wish you the best of luck Brittany!  I hope that we can keep in touch after you move. 
melslongjourney
on 8/4/09 1:30 am
Hi Brenda!
I think I met you at the last support meeting. I am hoping everything went well for you and your recovery will be speedy.

Melissa
Brenda E.
on 8/4/09 4:27 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Hello Melissa!  Thank you for the well wishes!  Thankfully so far everything is going wonderfully :)  I do believe we met at the last group meeting.  Hoping to see you again Thursday night. 
lysb
on 8/3/09 6:53 am - Alexandria, VA
See you there!

vagirl00
on 8/3/09 12:23 pm
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Wouldn't miss it!  We are supposed to bring the dish we are providing the recipe for, right?  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Brittany_RD
on 8/4/09 12:28 am
 Cindy, 
nah, no dish. We are just going to do the recipe's. 
Brittany
melslongjourney
on 8/4/09 1:28 am
Brittney,
I have met you a few times through the support group and with my intial seminar. All I have ever heard of you is wonderful things. I came in yesterday for my first consult with Dr. Tran and I really feel like I am in good hands. The decsion to take on this next step to a healthy life has been a difficult and long for me as it has been for many. I am really sad that I won't get the chance to work with you after hearing how much everyone loves you so much.

Well good luck on the next step of your life, I just know it will be wonderful!

Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views