OT: Moving to the Richmond area

Leia from MN
on 7/30/09 12:52 am - Richmond, VA
Hello!

I'm from the Minnesota board.  I have been pursuing a new career that looks like it is going to be bringing me to Richmond, VA!  Having never lived outside the midwest, it will be a huge culture shock to me and my family.

I had RNY in May 2006.  I've lost over 100 pounds, and even had my second daughter since then.  I'd never be going along this career path if I hadn't lost the weight and gained the self confidence to put myself out there.

We haven't found a place to live yet, as I haven't signed on the dotted line for the new position yet.  And my husband and I need to spend some time in the area and learn where we would like to raise our girls and have them attend school.

I just wanted to introduce myself as I may be popping in to see what is going on where I may be heading.

Leia
Leia
292/189

Enjoying life and all of it's bumps and bruises along the way.

Lauren B
on 7/30/09 1:52 am - VA
Leia, Welcome!  And I hope to meet you when you settle in Richmond.  I relocated 11 years ago from CT and know what it's like to be in a new place.  I think you will find that Richmond is a great place to live.  We have the city, beach and mountains all within a two hour drive.  We have two major theme parks and a wealth of historical stuff in Richmond city or surrounding counties.  Be sure to let me know when you are in town and settled and we'll grab dinner or coffee.  :)

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

Leia from MN
on 8/2/09 11:49 pm - Richmond, VA
I would love to have coffee with whomever can make it when I get out there.  I should be hearing today or tomorrow what next steps happen with the new position.  It should be going out there for a face to face and some HR stuff.  They also like to have people come out for an extra day or two to learn the lay of the land and get their bearings.

I love that you are all so welcoming and willing to accept a not-so-new newbie into your ranks.
Leia
292/189

Tam
on 8/3/09 12:50 pm - Richmond, VA
I can also assist you in findng good, afforable and most importantly quality child care for your children, including any special needs that need to be addressed.  I have lots of connections in the area!  Being a life long resident has its perks!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Brooke O.
on 7/30/09 3:05 am - Petersburg, VA
Well we hope to welcome you to Richmond. I moved here about 12 years ago from upstate New York. I love the weather, the people and there is always plenty of things to do.
We live in Chesterfield County (just south of Richmond) and I only have praise for the school systems here.
Good luck and hope to see you more!

Brooke
Mom to Alex age 9
Wife to Sean married 5/29/99

And one bean on the way. EDD 6/22/11
Leia from MN
on 8/2/09 11:52 pm - Richmond, VA
Thank you for the reply! 

We already did have Chesterfield County on the shorter list of places that we think we would like.  My oldest child has some special educational needs, so we're going to be pretty particular about which schools she will ultimately attend.

I would love to meet all of you when I get a chance to get over there for a short 'get aquainted with Richmond' trip.
Leia
292/189

Ann S.
on 7/30/09 3:31 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
Welcome to the VA Board, Leia.  The ladies that have responded thus far are amazing!  I can't say enough good things about them.  I live in the boonies up in the northern portion of VA so I don't have much info about Richmond.  I can only speak for the caliber of people that are there.  So you will be in good hands.  Now hurry up & get here!!! LOL

Hugs!
Ann

Please help support our troops in harm's way.  Go to AnySoldier.com
Tomorrow is our future...yesterday our history...today our surprise & that's why it's called Present! 

Leia from MN
on 8/2/09 11:53 pm - Richmond, VA
Ironically, we have some family friends that live in northern VA that are very excited for us to be closer.  They have only been there a few months.  So I may end up in the northern part of the state regularly for social time.
Leia
292/189

Tam
on 7/31/09 12:31 am - Richmond, VA
Welcome to the VA board and hopefully welcome to VA!  Richmond is an awesome place to live.  I have lived here most of my life...born and raised, left for a bit going to FL and MA and then back home.  Please let me know when/if you visit the area.  I would be honored to meet you and your family for lunch and show you around a bit.  My mother is a retired real estate agent so I know some of the better areas in town, especially for families!  I have recently had my second daughter and am currently home so I am free most anytime.  Feel free to PM me and ask any questions...I look forward to corresponding with you more!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Leia from MN
on 8/2/09 11:55 pm - Richmond, VA
Thank you for the very warm welcome.  It feels great to know that there are some wonderful people in the area.

I will be finding out today or tomorrow if/when I'll be going out there for some face to face chats and HR things that need to happen.  I also will be staying an extra day or two to learn more about the area and get familiar with how to get around.  I would love to meet some people then for coffee and maybe a mini-tour of things that I need to know that aren't on a map.
Leia
292/189

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views