And the truth shall set me free...part 4

Ann S.
on 7/29/09 11:10 am, edited 7/29/09 11:11 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
On our way home from FL, she sends me another text…this time asking if I would come to the hospital the next day, pick her up, & take her home. I was amazed at her audacity to ask me such a thing. I’m still hours away from home, with a husband who is still grieving from the loss of his father, & she wants me to pick her up the next day. I asked her why her husband couldn’t do it. She said he refused & told her to find someone else. Over the next few days, she kept sending me text messages, intimating that something had happened between her & Matt while I was in FL. Finally, she told me that they had kissed. The truth was that SHE kissed HIM…with her daughter in the car, just a few feet away! She begged & pleaded with me to forgive her & to still be her friend...that she didn’t want what had happened to ruin our friendship. She admitted to falling for Matt because he was so sweet & kind to her kids, unlike their father, & that he made her feel special & wanted, unlike her husband. She couldn’t help herself. I pointed out to her that under no cir****tances was she going to use MY son to fix whatever was wrong with her. She made a commitment to her husband & that the responsibility of what had transpired was completely her responsibility. I also pointed out to her that she took advantage of Matt. I said that if she were single, & she wanted a relationship with him, that she better get a J O B because he would be incapable of supporting her & her kids. He would make a loving father-figure, & a good house-husband, but couldn’t be depended upon for much else. Bottom line, she is MARRIED & she owes her loyalties to her husband! Over several hours, the text messages began to change tone. She texted that she was going to tell her husband what had happened. I said no, it was just a kiss…just let it go & don’t let it happen again. Then she began intimating that MORE had happened & that Matt needed to share the responsibility. All the while, I’m thinking she’s talking about the kiss, & Matt was continuing to keep his mouth shut because he had no idea what else to do. And all the while she’s constantly texting him, which he’s ignoring. Then she finally said it. She said that they had sex while I was in FL. Well, I’m convinced that she has gone completely off the deep end & has become delusional & I said as much. I told her that up to that point, I was still willing to stand by our friendship, but that I seriously believed that she needed professional help. But when she crossed that line, I was DONE. No more. I told her not to call me or Matt, not to text us, not to contact us in any way. I called her a psycho ***** out of anger. And yet she STILL continued to text Matt, begging him to come over to her place so they could talk. Yeah, right…her husband was at work…like that was ever gonna happen! Then came the ultimate text from her. She threatened to tell her husband that Matt had raped her! For those of you that may not know, her husband is a police officer…he carries a GUN for a living! I thought, OMG! If she tells him that lie, what would stop him from going into a rage, coming to my house, & shooting my son? I was scared to death of the what-ifs. By this time, it was dark. Matt & I had been out to dinner when this all transpired, & Mike was at the farm in Culpeper. I immediately called Mike, told him to borrow a gun from our friend, & come & get us. I wasn’t going anywhere near our home in the dark, for fear that DQ’s enraged husband would be waiting for us. I was actually afraid to go home, & rightly so after the terrible picture she had been creating of what kind of person her husband was. I also made the decision to inform our local police department about all this, just in case anything happened, so they would know who to look for. So I made a police report & then, from the police officer recommendation, I texted DQ to let her know I’d done that. No threats or anything, I simply said that I made a report against her & that the police officer had seen all her texts messages. As I was talking with the officer, I began to worry about those kids. What if she WAS having a breakdown of some kind? I didn’t want to wake up one morning to read in the paper that she’d lost her mind & offed her kids! So I took a chance & I called her husband at his job. I got his voicemail & I left a message, telling him that we needed to talk…that I was worried about her & the kids & I left my number. I was so rattled by all that had transpired so far, that I didn’t realize until after I’d hung up that his voicemail message said that it might take 2 or 3 days for him to get back to me…well, this couldn’t wait 2 or 3 days. So I called his station back again, this time talking to someone there…the dispatcher, I think…I don’t exactly remember anymore. I told her of my concerns & of the threat DQ had made about the rape charge. She assured me that DQ’s husband was still at work because he was processing a prisoner. Well, that meant that I had time to go to my home, grab my dogs, lock the house, & go to Culpeper for the weekend without fear that her husband was lurking in the bushes waiting to harm my son. So I called Mike & told him to stay where he was. I brought him up to speed on everything, & within 2 hours, we were all safely at the Culpeper farm. Meanwhile, DQ continued to text Matt over the weekend, saying that she needed closure. I finally got hold of her on the phone & told her that this was soooo not about what SHE wanted anymore. I didn’t give a damn about her need for closure…it was OVER. She betrayed our friendship, she cheated on her husband & used MY son to do it, she took advantage of Matt, & she threatened to put my entire family in danger. I never wanted to hear from her again… PERIOD.

[to be continued in part 5]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views