And the truth shall set me free...part 2

Ann S.
on 7/29/09 11:05 am - Middletown, VA
Lap Band on 07/16/07 with
DQ spent a great deal of time texting me, & at first I enjoyed it. But then she began texting things to me, right before bedtime, that were disturbing & worrisome. For instance, right before she went on vacation to TN with her family, she saw Dr. Mo & discussed with him that she wanted to have another baby. Given all the problems she’s had since her wl surgery, his advice to her was twofold…1. Be ulcer-free for at least 6 months, & 2. Get her weight down to below 200. Good advice from a reputable & caring physician. So, while motoring to TN, she sends me a text that very same evening that she threw away her birth control pills! She totally disregarded the advice of her doctor, & gave no consideration to how such a decision on her part would affect an unborn child. I asked her what if, half way through a pregnancy, she developed another ulcer? The child wouldn’t stand a chance of surviving. She had no response other than she wanted to have another baby & that I shouldn’t worry. I might be wrong, but that seems pretty reckless & selfish with no regard for the health & well being of an innocent child. A couple nights later she texted me again, this time telling me that she found a large mass on her young son’s neck. She was in complete panic mode, convinced that it was cancer. I suggested she take him to the nearest hospital ER & let a doctor evaluate the mass, to which she came back with “Well, his grandparents are getting old & this may be his last time to see them…I don’t want to ruin their visit." To which I replied, “If you are so concerned that he may have cancer, I wouldn’t worry about that. They’ve lived a long life…he still has his ahead of him. Just take him to the ER & get it checked." This time she came back with “But I don’t want to ruin his vacation." Are you kidding me? And again, this was late at night, so now I’m worried about HER kid & didn’t sleep very well. The next day she texted me to say that she made an appointment for his pediatrician to see him when they get back from vacation. Again, all frantic about it possibly being cancer. Again I suggest she take him to the local ER. She said she didn’t want her husband to get mad at her…that he was already angry about it all & that he wasn’t being a supportive, caring father. The next morning she texted me to say that when the boy woke up, he couldn’t walk! Take him to the ER NOW I said. A few hours later, she texted me, supposedly from the hospital, to say that he had a massive bladder infection & that they put him on medication for it. No word on what was up with the mass on his neck. So several nights of worry & lack of sleep on my part, worrying about my friend & her child & being led to believe that his father is heartless.
[to be continued in part 3]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views