Hi! I'm new!

CandaceHasCurves
on 7/27/09 8:57 am - Alexandria, VA
Hi Heide! holy cow!! 120lbs already!! Since end of Feb! That is AMAZING.

I would LOVE to meet up sometime and chat about your experiences!!!!! What are generally good days for you? I'm a full-time Mommy so I'm available durring the day m-f--after next week. :) and, of course, on weekends, too. :)

Thank you for your generous offer to come out and meet me!!!!! :) that is just so kind and helpful, I can't even begin to tell you! :)

Candace

hmd77
on 7/26/09 11:09 pm - KY
Hi Candace!!!
  I am Heather and we are a lot alike.  I recently moved to the NOVA / DC area from another state. I am new to OH as well. Our stats are pretty much the exact same!!! LOL Anyway, I am like you and trying to get as much info as possible.  

What insurance do you have? 
Have you spoken to your doctor about WLS yet?

I have my 1st nutrition appointment tomorrow!~
Wish me luck and of course I will share all the details!!!

Hugs,
Heather
CandaceHasCurves
on 7/27/09 10:15 pm - Alexandria, VA
hi Heather!

Isn't it nuts when you see someone so much like yourself! HA! :)

Where did you move from? I grew up in Seattle but lived and worked in Idaho for the last seven years as a TV reporter/anchor before I got too fat, then I became a professor...(which I LOVED!) but now I'm doing the full-time Mom thang, working hard to lose this weight...

I haven't spoken to my doctor yet; I am going to mention it when I see her next month and get going from there...but I'm going to start researching doctors and techniques, etc., before then:)

Good luck with your appointment! I'd love to hear what you find out!
Candace
Ms Court
on 7/27/09 7:21 am - Remington, VA

Welcome to the VA board.  All of the choices you need to make will be based on what you are most comfortable with.  Best way to get there is to arm yourself with as much info as you can.  I had RNY in 05, went from 305 to 155.  Best choice I ever made.  I did internet research on the different types of surgery, different doctors in my area and went to seminars offered by several doctors in order to make my choice.  Best to you as you begin your journey.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

CandaceHasCurves
on 7/27/09 10:18 pm - Alexandria, VA
hi Courtney!

Wow--305 to 155! And now 150? That is amazing. Truely an inspiration!
Why did you pick RNY?

Congrats on your success and thanks for introducing yourself to me and offering your advice!!! I will look in to some seminars! that is a great idea!
Candace
Ms Court
on 7/28/09 10:25 pm - Remington, VA
I chose RNY because It was more restrictive, no possible port issues, and the need to work on all behaviors.  I had Open RNY as that was what my Dr. offered at that time.

I will be honest and say that I was down to 150 but have gained some back.  I am aware of what I am not doing correctly which has caused me to gain, I am working on it.  :)

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

CandaceHasCurves
on 7/28/09 11:27 pm - Alexandria, VA
thanks for responding!

I'm kind of afraid of the lap band bc I've read that there is more chance of complication/people have to have it removed...and though I would ideally like something that can be reversed (bc, who knows what the future holds...) I don't want something that will likely HAVE to be reversed.

Gaining back 5,10,20 or 50lbs isn't the same as being back where you started; much easier to lose those few lbs than to start all over. :)

I had to go to the ER Sunday night bc of complications from all the meds I'm taking from the bariatrician...so I am 110% ready to do this today. I am so tired of taking these meds and feeling like junk...and then to have the meds that are suposed to help only cause more trouble? How unfair is that, right?

Candace
Jen R.
on 7/27/09 11:18 pm - VA
Welcome to the VA Boards! I had Lap RNY 2 years ago. It was the best choice for me because of a few factors.
1) It was more restrictive than lapband
2) the health results..eliminating diabetes
3) I was willing to change all my behaviors.

At my highest weight I was 246 @5'4". I am now a healthy 140.

There is a PCOS board on OH.

Jen      

CandaceHasCurves
on 7/28/09 12:20 am - Alexandria, VA
Thanks for your adviace and input, Jen!! Where did you have the surgery? Who did it?

Sounds like you've had GREAT results!

Are you able to still have some sugar--at all? Like a cookie or slice of birthday cake?

I'll look for the PCOS board, thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Candace
Amanda G.
on 7/28/09 1:54 pm - Fairfax , VA
Hi There!

I live in Fairfax (not that far from you).  I had RNY about 2.5 months ago at INOVA FairOaks Hosp.  Dr. Anez did my surgery and was fantastic.    Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.  Maybe we can get together sometime.  Love making new friends! 

Cheers!
Amanda

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views