What do I take with me?

Brenda E.
on 7/24/09 10:03 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
My surgery is in just 5 more days...counting today!  What do I need to pack for the hospital?  I know Lys told me chapstick and the ladies have mentioned loose clothes to come home in and a pillow. Do I need shampoo and stuff, will I be able to shower while I am there?   Gonna try to get everything ready to go this weekend as Monday and Tuesday will be busy days for me.  I have my final visit with Dr Tran and the nutritionist on Monday and then Tuesday my aunt is flying in. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! 
Tam
on 7/24/09 11:59 pm - Richmond, VA
Not much!  Chapstick, pillow, robe, slippers and lose clothes!  I'll be sending prayers!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Wrenegade
on 7/25/09 2:39 am
Hi Brenda!  I was just checking my calender for your date earlier today. The time has flown by.

I have been compiling a list for myself of "bring along" stuff that others have suggested.  One thing that made sense to me is to wear a loose sports bra - because one of the incisions is usually right at the bra line in front.

Best of luck to you - and be sure to let us know when you are up and around.

Do you have an angel?

Wren    
5'7.5" - HW 265 - SW 220 - CW 103

Brenda E.
on 7/25/09 5:23 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Thank you Tam! 

Wren - I dont have an angel that I know of.  However, a couple of friends from here on the board and support group have mentioned they would check in on me while I am at the hospital. 
lysb
on 7/25/09 6:17 am - Alexandria, VA
brenda - coming up fast, what time is your surgery, i don't want to come by tooo early, i may come the day after surgery....everyone's else advice is on track for what to bring.  I'd put chapstick and good quality kleenex on TOP!  say hi to dr. tran for me! lys

Brenda E.
on 7/25/09 6:40 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
My surgery is at 11

I will see Dr Tran on Monday so I will pass along the message!
Penny Denny
on 7/25/09 10:17 pm - Collinsville, VA
I'm so excited for you. You've been given good advice. I recommend having Gas-X strips at home. I did not even know it was gas pains but it helped alot.

Also, maybe your cell phone if you need to call long distance from the hospital. I enjoyed having my phone with me.

Best wishes, Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

dlo2
on 7/25/09 10:45 pm - Brandenburg, KY
Best of Luck to you.  I know you will be fine.  I haven't had my surgery yet but I have had prior surgery and you have been given a good list.  Robe, slippers chap stick, I liked having my own night gowns, I also brought my tooth paste and brush and hair brush.  I will keep you in my prayers.
Debbie
FeFi
on 7/26/09 6:23 am - GA
RNY on 04/24/14
Hi Brenda,

Congrats on your surgery!  I'll keep you in my prayers.  One thing that I brought with me that was helpful since I ended up sharing a room was my IPOD.  I put my headphones on and went to sleep.  The next morning when the nurse came to get me up for my Upper GI I didn't even realize she had been standing there for 5mins.

Felecia

Denise V.
on 7/26/09 10:44 pm
Good morning!
Wow, your surgery is just around the corner!  Here is wishing you a speedy recovery!  Eveyone else has already given you great suggestions as far as what to bring with you.  I know when I had my original surgery I WAY over packed, I guess I thought I would be there for a month :)  Just make sure you bring something lose and comfy to come home in, and I second the idea of a sports bra, that one incision is right at the bra line, although I think this time I am just going to put on a extra baggy shirt and skip the bra all together :)

Good luck and keep us all posted!
~*~Denise~*~
Proud Wife to Ben 9/14/04
Proud Mommy to Zoeyann 9/30/08
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views