need your thoughts (and prayers if you pray)

Jill C.
on 7/22/09 11:21 pm - Norfolk, VA
Good morning VA friends,  i have a hearing this morning for unemployment.   I lost my job @ a month ago.  I had some health issues, some related to the GBS and when I informed my boss of this he was very kind/understanding.... I was out of work 2 wks.....    I came back a week later and was fired for 'misconduct' and they are now fighting me on unemployment.   I could face eviction/car repossesion and it is just SO WRONG.    I truly thought that I could trust him with this information.  Where I used to work was a non profit org that provided housing for handicapped and people with other issues......   When I informed him I would need to stick to an 8-5 schedule for a while (was putting in 50 plus hours w/out extra pay) and going in on wknds when needed..and when I told him I would need a procedure in early July.. he became cold/distant.  I was 3 wks away from qualifying for FMLA.

I know I have A LOT to be grateful for..... but I am finding it hard to eat/sleep and function.  I need strength for this call and need to prove that I do deserve this unemployment benefit.  i have worked my a$$ off for years.... often 2 jobs.    I left a job of 18 years to move to VA to start a new life and now I am so scared and worried.

I know many of you have very difficult issues and times that you are facing and I do not post often, but I always read this section and think of all of you.

I have applied for so many jobs, many at min. wage (which I could not support myself on)

Please keep me in your thoughts - my hearing is today at 11am.

thanks,
J.
Ms Court
on 7/22/09 11:36 pm - Remington, VA
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Brenda E.
on 7/23/09 12:12 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
My thoughts and prayers are with you !!  Good luck at your hearing this morning!
Pat F.
on 7/23/09 1:17 am - Richmond, VA
Good luck this morning and I hope that you get it.

Jill C.
on 7/23/09 1:59 am - Norfolk, VA
Thank you, Courtney, Brenda & Pat.....  The hearing was on the phone...lasted 35 min and I was shaking the entire time.... mainly from anger, but got through it.   

I will hear something by mail within a week's time.    I just can not believe this!!!     Some days I wish I never moved from MA.......

xo
Toobcherished
on 7/23/09 4:25 am - Henrico, VA
I will definitly keep you in my prayers.  Please update us on the decision.  Thanks!
dlo2
on 7/23/09 5:37 am - Brandenburg, KY
Hang in theres, thing will get better.
Debbie 
MerMer
on 7/23/09 5:30 am

Jill,

Will surely send up prayers for you. Hold on you will make it through this. Remember GOD never puts more on us than we can bare.

lysb
on 7/23/09 5:38 am - Alexandria, VA
Jill - so sorry for what you are going through.  I hope the outcome is +++ for you.  I'll keep you in my prayers.  lys

danie
on 7/23/09 6:10 am - virginia beach, VA
I am a firm believer that the good lord doesn't give us more than we can handle. I have no doubt in my mind that  you will get through this and come out 10 times stronger. Just keep your head up and know that we are all prayer for everything to go well for you. This is just one more obstacle life throws at us. Yoou will be just fine everything will work out for you jus****ch.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views