7/28/2009 WLS Class in Springfield, VA

hmd77
on 7/22/09 4:57 am - KY
Just curious if anyone else on this board is scheduled to go this class? I am nervous and was kind of hoping to not go alone.

HealthySister
on 7/22/09 6:48 am
I just went yesterday to Falls Church (INOVA Fairfax Hospital.)  The seminar was with Dr. Elariny and a plastic surgeon, Dr. Saba.

You'll be just fine.  I went alone.  Altogether there were just of 10 of us in the auditorium.  Out of the 10 there was one husband and wife and the rest were loners.

The seminar was very informative.  I'm going to have my surgery performed by this surgeon. 
HealthySister
Wednesday, June 2, 2010, was my BIG DAY!   
My goal weight was reached on
Thursday,
October 14, 2010!                                          

hmd77
on 7/22/09 10:50 pm - KY
Thanks for the info!!
hmd77
on 7/23/09 5:57 am - KY
Some of you mentioned Ilse and it is her/him! Here is more info:
Gastric Bypass Class 1 with ILSE OBRIEN LN

I think this is the intro to the procedures offered?!?!
MerMer
on 7/24/09 12:01 pm

Yes, that is the nutriontionist at the Kaiser Springfield Center. She is great. She was my nutritionist.
cathya
on 7/24/09 1:36 pm - Orlando, FL
she was mine too.  I am 5+ years out.  You will be fine.  She is very non threatening.  If you have any questions about Kaiser & WLS I'd be glad to chat.  PM me anytime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks UP...

Cathy Alphin
OH Certified Support Group Leader & Coach
Orlando, FL

hmd77
on 7/29/09 1:20 am - KY
Well I did my WLS class yesterday.  It is the 1st step in a series of required steps to get the surgery. The BAD NEWS is that according to Kaiser my BMI (38) is not high enough.  Their requirements are BMI or 40 or higher for WLS OR BMI of 35-40 with serious comorbities.  Yeah so I am very heart broken right now.  Unless they will consider my Thyroid disease, spinal injury, migraines and general arthitis a comorbidity then I am out for the surgery. I am super bummed!

Also, Kaiser is no longer using Dr Annez  / Halmi for whatever reason. We have two options Dr Lee and Dr Lin out of GW hospital.

Ms Isle was very nice. She is a bit quiet but nice.

I am hoping my doctor can put in a letter to the decision board!! I will find out Tuesday!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views