Consult Today w/Dr.Krieger Help/Jackie/Jill and others

virtly
on 7/20/09 9:57 pm - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with

What questions should I ask? From previous posts, I know that he is a great surgeon. I am looking at getting my panni and breasts reconstructed.

lysb
on 7/20/09 10:16 pm - Alexandria, VA
i had my consult with him a few weeks ago, he was great!  they'll have you watch a video, and will answer all questions!  good luck.  lys

dwpersel
on 7/21/09 12:39 am - Fredericksburg, VA
I haven't seen Jackie or Jill post for quite some time. I was hoping they would answer my question on FEP BC BS coverage of plastic surgery.

Diana
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/09 2:20 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I am sorry Diana I did not see your question.

BCBS traditionally do not cover any of the plastic surgery...... HOWEVER - on a case by case basis  - they do sometimes pay for a tummy tuck.... they told me they do not cover underarms -  but again - a case by case basis for breasts.   You need to try to show that you have rashes and have it documented and photographed by you and your doctor - you need proof that you have gone to your doctor for presciptions etc for the rashes. Now they also have a criteria for the depth of the panni and how far down it sits and that can help on a decision basis.  But I am not sure how forthcoming they will be when you call and ask them.

You should try calling them and getting them to tell you or get them to put it in writing  for you so you know what they are looking for. I know none of mine was paid for - just the hernia...

Good luck or call me if you want more help

Jackie

Nancy E.
on 7/21/09 12:51 am - Charlottesville, VA
Hello there.  Personally, I went to him on Friday for a second opinion.  It was a ways to go but I had heard so many great things about him that I wanted to get his advice too.   I really liked him and am quite sure he is a wonderful surgeon, but I was totally disappointed in his office, his staff, and the disorganization, not to mention he is like three times more expensive then the most reputable doctor here in Charlottesville.  Just did not get the warm and fuzzy feeling that I had expected.  I appreciated learning more from him and will be going for my second consult with the local plastic surgeon.  He helped me to make an informed decision.   Hopefully, you will seek a second opinion as well.

Good luck on the rest of your journey :)

virtly
on 7/21/09 4:10 am - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
Thanks for the reponses, I met with him today and didn't get the warm and fuzzy reception that everyone has been raving about.
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/09 2:11 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I am sorry I have been MIA these days - hopefully that will stop at the end of the month and I can get back to being on here more. I think Dr Krieger is a little shy at first and sometimes it takes a second visit for him to get to know you a little. He really is a very nice person and an incredible surgeon. He is really not any more expensive than other surgeons in this area.....  and what i also like about him is that when the surgery is over, he checks on you and makes sure everything is alright.....  and trhen if you are not happy with any aspect of your surgery, then he will redo it or make repairs without charge.... AND he gives you an insurance policy that lasts for 30 days in case you have any issues. I didnt but Jill did and she was covered....

If you need to discuss anything else send me a pm and your phone nuimber and I will be more than happy to call you to discuss...

Jackie

virtly
on 7/21/09 9:03 pm - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
Thanks Jackie for replying, I am going to get another consult and go from there. I will have the procedure around December or January. I want to lose at least 30 pounds so I will work on that. I need your support through getting those additional pounds off. I had my surgery in 04.It seems like it is so hard at this point.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views