Optifast

Denise V.
on 7/20/09 4:26 am
Good Afternoon,

I am having a revision done on 8/3 and Dr Tran told me that I did not have to do the Optifast, but if I wanted to I could...  Can anyone tell me how much it cost for one week?  I am thinking that I am just going to go ahead and do it for a week (Dr Tran said if I wanted to do it to do it for one week only).

Also, I was wondering if any of you take the Bariatric Advantage supplements, and if so, are they any better then what I can get at GNC, or what not?  I had my labs drawn and I am severely deficient in Vitamin D and B12 as well as iron, so I am trying to get my levels up before going in...

Thanks in advance!
Denise
~*~Denise~*~
Proud Wife to Ben 9/14/04
Proud Mommy to Zoeyann 9/30/08
Brenda E.
on 7/20/09 4:59 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I am doing the Optifast now and I believe it cost me $300 for the 2 weeks. 
Denise V.
on 7/20/09 5:06 am
Thanks so much!  You mist be getting sooo excited, your date is just around the corner!!!
~*~Denise~*~
Brenda E.
on 7/20/09 5:19 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Your welcome!  I am so excited but a bit nervous also.  Hoping this week will pass quickly!  I have been trying to get my house in order this week and of course have the nutrition class and another sleep study to do tomorrow. 

When is your revision date?
Denise V.
on 7/20/09 10:48 pm
Here is wishing you luck with your sleep study.  I really got a lot of of the nutrition class, and I have been through one before, but this one was much better!  The one I was in prior was at a different surgical group, and really I think I could have done a better job presenting the information then the dietitian did....

My revision is on the 3rd, just a couple more weeks!
~*~Denise~*~
vagirl00
on 7/20/09 9:36 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Denise:

I am afraid I can't help you with the Optifast...I didn't have to do that in advance of my surgery.

I do, however, use Bariatric Advantage vitamins.  I have tried many kinds of vitamins, to include liquid vitamins, and found that Bariatric Advantage works the best for me.  The website is www.bariatricadvantage.com

Good luck! :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Denise V.
on 7/20/09 10:50 pm
Thank you so much!  I have been doing a lot of research on them and think they are probably the best for me.  I got my labs back from my pre-op and I am severely deficient in iron, B-12 and D....  Not so good, but explains a lot of the issues I am having with my bones and always wanting to sleep!
~*~Denise~*~
lysb
on 7/20/09 10:19 pm - Alexandria, VA
Denise, wow you are coming up soon, that's great.  I used bariatric advantage and/or celebrity vitamins.  My vit d and iron are low now too :o(.  I did do 2 weeks optifast with dr. tran/halmi, call then and ask them what they charge....good luck to you!  lys

Denise V.
on 7/20/09 10:55 pm
Hi Lys,

Yep it sure is coming soon, just around the corner now...  Wow, sorry to hear that your labs are low too.... Hopefully you can get it corrected before you really start to feel the side effects, as it is not fun at all!

I did call the office and they said that it is $150.00 for the one week, but they also reminded me that I did not NEED to do it, so now I am wondering if I should or not.  I just want to make sure I go into surgery as healthy as I can....

Thanks!
~*~Denise~*~
Ms Court
on 7/20/09 10:34 pm - Remington, VA
Morning Denise!  I did not have to do the optifast so I can't really help you there.

As for my vitamins, I have not tried the bariatric advantage brands.  For iron I use the Vitron C (available at CVS) one right at bedtime, my levels have always been good & I have not had any constipation issues; b-12 I just get sublingual at the vitamin shoppe, I get the citracal with D in it for my calcium/d. 

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views