FEP BC BS Standard Coverage for Plastic Surgery in VA

dwpersel
on 7/18/09 9:12 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Hi All,

To date I've lost 110 pounds over the course of 27 months which I'm thrilled about. Unfortunately I have saggy bat wings as well as a droopy panni. Not real bad, but a real pain when I lead exercise classes flapping in the breeze. But then again, what can I expect having been abusing my body and skin for over 40 years?

I called BC BS yesterday and they said that ALL plastic surgeries will be reviewed and considered by them. What was your experience with Anthem BC BS in VA? What did they cover, what documentation did you have, medically, pictures? 

I've checked out the PS forum here at OH and some of the cases with pictures that were denied were so much worse than I am. I take care not to get rashes by wearing powder, good foundation panties since I've had the rashes in the past and try to avoid them at all costs. As such I've never had any medically documented weight related rashes, I just tough them out and let them heal.

Any thoughts and experiences would be gratefully appreciated.

Diana

dwpersel
on 7/22/09 2:40 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks for your reply Jackie Thodos in another posting. I have sent you an email.

Diana

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views