Happy Hump Day!

Brenda E.
on 7/14/09 10:18 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Good morning all!  Went to the my primary dr yesterday and he confirmed that I have a cold.  Been doing a whole lot of nothing but resting.  My surgeons office called yesterday afternoon and said that my blood work came back as positive for H. Pylori.  So I am on antibotics for the next 2 weeks.  Today starts my liquid diet!  I am hoping to stay very busy during the next 2 weeks so I dont have time to think about not eating. 

Hope you all have an awesome Wednesday!!
Ms Court
on 7/14/09 10:35 pm - Remington, VA
Good Morning!!  Been busy here.  I have to admit I am exhausted & really feeling it.  Took it easy last night for the most part other than a few odds & ends and will probably to the same tonight.  The house is coming along though.  Nothing really speccific on my agenda tonight so we shall see what I get in to.  Have a great one!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

dlo2
on 7/14/09 11:10 pm - Brandenburg, KY
I hpoe you feel better soon.  Summer colds are the worse.
Debbie
lysb
on 7/15/09 12:17 am - Alexandria, VA
Brenda - i'm glad they are taking good care of you.  Keep yourself busy, honestly, i was pretty darn hungry on the liquids, BUT by day 5 I was not hungry any more!  get better girlfriend!  lys

Lifeski
on 7/15/09 2:40 am
I tested positive for H. Pylori also.  I was treated for it a number of years ago but my surgeon is having my family doctor retreat.  So I am starting the treatment for it tomorrow.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

Brenda E.
on 7/15/09 6:53 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Did you notice any difference after being treated for it?  Do they have you on the PrevPack also?

Good luck! 
Lifeski
on 7/15/09 11:22 am
I was treated quite a few years ago and do not remember noticing a difference.  Once I had my gall bladder removed my heartburn went away.  Yes I have the PrevPack also.  My doctor also gave me diflucan to treat a yeast infection since the heavy duty antibiotics tend to help promote those.  My doctor also highly recommended I use a probotic while taking the PrevPack.  Good luck.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

Tina22026
on 7/15/09 5:30 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Hang in there Brenda!  l was like Lys - hungry and kinda headachey/cranky the first few days getting adjusted to the liquid diet.  l never had the soup - just the shakes and 1 bar/day.   Maybe it's good in a way that you have a cold and don't feel well - you won't miss eating. 

Glad you are on the antibiotics.  Hang in there!!!

As for me,  yesterday was my 6 month surgaversery!  The time has flown and feel so so much better!!!    Tonight - hubby, son and l are heading to the Potomac nationals baseball game for some fun in the evening sun!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

seemecook
on 7/15/09 7:02 am - Roanoke, VA
I did not enjoy the liquid diet either. I can affirm that after a few days, I did not notice the hunger like I did the first few days. Sorry to hear that you are note feeling up to par. I have been feeling
sorry for myself as I have to go back to work next Tuesday. It has been great being at home and
spending time with my family.

LindaS64
on 7/15/09 8:35 am - Lanoka Harbor, NJ
Hope you feel better and good luck on the liquid diet.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views