Portsmouth! Anyone else going there for surgery?

LittleNurse
on 7/14/09 11:48 pm - Newport News, VA
I have my appt with surgeon on monday and if you are going to portsmouth you know of the wait.  So i have waited six months for this appt.  Just looking for anyone else who might be at the same place in their journey as me, and is going to portsmouth.  Thanks.  of course anyone else *****ads and responds thank you too.  I am excited and reserved, mostly cause i dont know how much longer i will have to wait for surgery.  It might be another six months. 
Tina22026
on 7/15/09 5:32 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
l'm not down in Portsmouth but l Hope you get good news at your appointment!  The waiting is the worst part if you ask me!  Hang in there and keep us posted.

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

LittleNurse
on 7/15/09 9:39 am - Newport News, VA

Thank you so much.  I appreciate the support.. I dont really have people on here that I talk to.

Navytown Mom
on 7/15/09 5:35 am
I have Tricare but they sent me to a civilian doctor. They are doing my surgery in Hampton. I was not aware that they were accepting people for the surgery any longer in NMCP.

Best of luck to you and hopefully everything will go as planned.
LittleNurse
on 7/15/09 9:40 am - Newport News, VA
Yeah it depends on when you went to portsmouth for the initial meeting.  I went in january and just a month after that they stopped taking people.  they have too many people and say that they are backed up for a year.  I almost wish I was a month later so I didnt have to wait a year to get this done, but I digress.  congrats on your surgery only being a few weeks away.
Christy P.
on 7/16/09 10:45 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Portsmouth has opened back up and is once again accepting new patients  for surgery. While you might have gotten surgery faster the program at portsmouth is superior. From the initial consult to all the medical requirements it's really setting you up for success in the long run. I'm now 9 months post surgery and feeling great.

Let me know if you have an specific questions about portsmouth or their process.

christy

Start Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight
296/275/175

LittleNurse
on 7/16/09 10:48 am - Newport News, VA
Thank you very much.  I do agree with you.  From what I have experienced with Portsmouth up to this point, as well as two friends of mine, they are outstanding.  I am happy to hear you are doing well. 
Tam
on 7/20/09 10:32 pm - Richmond, VA
I am over 4 years post op but wanted to wish you luck and prayers!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views