I have decided on Lapband

Lifeski
on 7/14/09 6:28 am
This does not affect any of you personally but I have been so stressed trying to decide on which proceedure I want.  I have spent hours and hours reading all of the forums and searching within myself to see what I think I will be happy with.  I have a great deal of respect for those who have had RNY surgery but I don't think it is for me.  Honestly I wanted the have the Vertical Gastric Sleeve but I have two issues that prevent that.  One is the fact that I am in a clinical trial and need to either have two seperate surgeries (one to remove experimental device and another for weight loss) or have my surgery done here.   I have an excellent doctor that I feel comfortable with so why take the risk of two surgerie?.  Also my insurance considers the VSG as experimental.  

At this point I feel my biggest issues with food is volume.  I am not an emotional eater and do not often snack between meals so I believe the lapband will work great for me.  I know it can take a while to get restriction with the lapband and am prepared to go in for fills monthly if I have to.  I have one more month of my supervised diet to complete and hope to be ready for surgery by mid-October.  I really can not do it before then because startup of the school year is a bear.  Anyway I really appreciate everyones support and look forward to moving on in this journey.

Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

MerMer
on 7/14/09 11:45 am
Great Choice!!!
Tina22026
on 7/14/09 9:49 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Congrats on your decision Teresa.  l know this is a hard emotional decision and you sound positive and happy about your tough choice.  We support you!  Best of luck with your diet.  keep us posted.

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Ms Court
on 7/14/09 10:32 pm - Remington, VA
Sounds like you have really thought things through and are making the best decision for yourself.  Congrats!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Tam
on 7/15/09 1:35 am - Richmond, VA
Congrats on your decision and that does not mean you still can't post on here!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

dwpersel
on 7/15/09 11:11 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
I'm glad you made the decision you feel that is right for you. I have never regretted my decision in selecting to have Lap Band surgery. It isn't "easy" to lose weight with it, just easier. You have to work with it and not try to undermine it or get away with things. Our weight loss is slower, but it's also given me more time to change more and eliminate bad habits for better ones. I am 57 years old and lost on the average 3/4 to 1 pound a week.

Diana

hopeforme
on 7/18/09 2:48 pm - Charles City, VA
Hey girl glad you made a decision. I wish you the best and I think you will be happy, as long as you know what to expect you will do good. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views