Help

MerMer
on 7/13/09 1:13 pm
Hello All,

I will be 4 weeks out this Thursday. I can not eat anything, I can barely drink, but I force myself to sip sip sip. At what point were you able to eat something; even applesauce. I tried applesauce but it feels like it gets stuck in my chest. I'm at wits end. I am so discouraged
melanie M.
on 7/13/09 8:38 pm - Hopewell, VA
I personally think you need to call your surgeon. If you were 4days out it would be ok but 4 weeks? Somethings not right!!
Tina22026
on 7/13/09 9:42 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Mary,  l'd call the surgeon.  This doesn't sound right - just like Melanie said.  Good luck and keep us posted.

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

lysb
on 7/13/09 10:30 pm - Alexandria, VA
Mary - call the surgeon this AM, make them see you.  keep us posted. lys

Kitty Kat
on 7/13/09 11:51 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am :) 

Please call your surgeon ASAP. This could very well be any number of things. It could be a stricture which is the closing of the opening to your pouch which will not allow food much less fluids eventually to pass through the opening. You are running the risk of becoming severly dehydrated which is potentially dangerous to anyone; specifically those of us who've had WLS. I sincerely encourage you to get checked out as soon as possible. Hydrating ourselves is incredibly vital.

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Tam
on 7/15/09 1:16 am - Richmond, VA
As the others have said, call your surgeon!  It could very well be a stricture.  I had my first at 5 weeks post op.

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views