gallstones

Penny Denny
on 7/13/09 10:33 am - Collinsville, VA
So I do have gallstones. I have a dull pain in my right side but it is very minor. I have an appt on thurs to discuss this with my dr.  I would not have even known, but thanks to my surgeons office for checking my bilirubbin levels.

I know this is common with weight loss, but does anyone have any experience with this? Do they still remove your gallbladder if you're not having pain?

Thanks all, Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Donna B.
on 7/13/09 12:32 pm - Somewhere in, VA

Hey Penny.  Sorry to hear about your gall bladder issues.  My surgeon required an ultrasound of my gallbladder prior to surgery. Turns out mine was full of stones.  I never had any issues with it whatsoever ~ no pain after eating, nothing to indicate any problems.  They told me they were very surprised that I had not had any issues with it up to that point.  Given that it was so full of stones, my surgeon went ahead and removed it duing my RNY.  He told me that had he not done that, I would have eventually had major issues with it and would have to have it removed further down the road.

So my guess is that you will more than likely have to have it removed if you already have stones and some pain now.  But I guess that is probably up to each doctor as to when they decide the right time to remove it would be.  Good luck and keep us posted!

Life is short ~ dance like no one's watching!!

305/292/167/159
High/Surg/Curr/Goal

Penny Denny
on 7/13/09 7:59 pm - Collinsville, VA
Thank you. I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks, so I hope it can wait a little longer.

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Tam
on 7/15/09 1:13 am - Richmond, VA
They took mine out during surgery...hope you can put whatever off till after vacation!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Tina22026
on 7/13/09 9:45 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Hey Penny,  I haven't had any problems (yet) either but l know others have.  l'll be interested in hearing what your dr. and others have to say.

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

lysb
on 7/13/09 10:29 pm - Alexandria, VA
Penny - had mine out 6 months after surgery (had a lot of stones and pain).  perhaps if they want to remove it they can tell you how to adjust your diet as to not effect it as much (low fat, etc., i think).  Good luck to you, i hope all is well.  lys

Penny Denny
on 7/15/09 8:59 pm - Collinsville, VA
Lys,
Do  you remember how long you were down after your surgery?
Thanks

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Kitty Kat
on 7/13/09 11:45 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am Penny :)

My gall bladder gave me the WORST issues during my pregnancy with Kayla. Once I had her, changed up my diet & opted for WLS because of past issues mine was removed during my WLS procedure. I hope you are able to get some resolution. Its pretty common amongst WLS patients to have issues with their gall bladder following WLS if its not removed during our procedure. All best & hope you get relief soon.

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Ms Court
on 7/14/09 12:19 am - Remington, VA
Very common after surgery.  MIne started acting up 11 months after surgery.  I was able to put my removal off for 2 months.  It will require diet changes so as not to aggrivated it.  Hope you have an answer soon.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Penny Denny
on 7/15/09 9:00 pm - Collinsville, VA
Courtney,
Do you remember how long you were down after your gallbladder surgery?
Thanks, Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views