Liquid diet

Brenda E.
on 7/10/09 10:12 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with

I am starting on the liquid diet on Wednesday and have a few questions for you all.  My form says I can have unsweetened tea...can I use splenda in it?  A friend suggested easing myself into the all liquid diet by replacing a meal now with a protein drink.  Do you all think that would help or should I just wait? 

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Melissa N.
on 7/10/09 11:06 pm - Stafford, VA
Ah the Optifast Liquid diet.  How I remember that.  You could start doing the protien drink replacement until you start if you want.  And yes you can use splenda with your unsweet tea.  Tea is now my favorite drink.  Yummy!!

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Brenda E.
on 7/11/09 2:48 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I have always liked tea thankfully!  Have switched to decaf recently though and between that and all the test this week I have had such a terrible headache went for the soda last night.  It was diet but sure tasted good!!! 

Thanks for the advice Melissa!!
caroline2622
on 7/11/09 2:19 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Sugar Free substitutes are acceptable.  Good time for you to try protien drinks too.   Just keep in mind that your taste buds may change after surgery.     I now find that I like most of the protien flavors that early on was not so crazy about. 

Suggest working at no drinking while eating too. 

Good luck and keep us posted.  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Brenda E.
on 7/11/09 2:47 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with

Thanks for the suggestion Caroline!  I will have to remember not to drink while eating. 

lysb
on 7/11/09 4:48 am - Alexandria, VA
Hey Brenda! how did the sleep study go?  i got a digital watch after surgery, so i could time when i could drink after meals, i still use it every single day, its just  a habit to get into!  are you doing optifast?  not too long for you now, i'm so excited!  lys

Brenda E.
on 7/11/09 5:29 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Dont have any results yet Lys but I survived it.  Actually I am afraid I will have to do it again.  Dr. Mortazavi said they were supposed to wake me up half way through to put a cpap machine on and they didnt!!! 

I am doing Optifast....already picked up everything from BluePoint to start this week.  Only 18 days now :)  Starting to get really nervous! 
Lifeski
on 7/11/09 12:18 pm
From what I know about how my test was done for sleep apnea if you show definite signs of apnea then they wake you and put the cpap on for the remainder of the night.  If the results are a bit less conclusive then they may have you return for a part 2 of the test that has you using the cpap.
I went for 3 sleep studies before finally getting diagnosed a year ago.  I could never sleep.  Once they wanted me to come back for a second night but I never made it back.
Having said that I love my cpap machine (hubby may love it more) and the sleep I get using it.  I have severe sleep apnea.  I stopped breathing over 120 times an hour.  The good news is I restarted breathing over 120 times an hour.  I suspect this is something I have always had and that it will not go away once I lose weight because even as a child I snored terribly.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

Tam
on 7/11/09 5:42 am - Richmond, VA
Just wanted to wish you luck on the liquid diet!  I did not have to do it so I really don't have any answers or advice but I know you CAN do this!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Brenda E.
on 7/11/09 8:34 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Thanks for your support and encouragment Tam!!  It is greatly appreciated !!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views