have a date

dlo2
on 7/11/09 6:39 am - Brandenburg, KY
Hi, I am new to this web site and just found the VA page.  I will be having surgery Sept. 8th.  Still prettty far away but I am sure it will go by fast.  I meet with my surgeon July 27th.  I guess that is when I will find out about the liquid diet.  It doesn't sound fun, but I have done protien shakes as part of a weight loss program before, so I know I will get through it. Talking about wls and having an actual date is much different.  Now I'm getting stressed.  Reading your post are very helpful.
Thank you
Brenda E.
on 7/11/09 8:38 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Welcome to the VA forum neighbor and CONGRATS on your date!  It may seem like it is still far off but it will go quickly when you find out all the tests you have to do between now and then.  Luckily you can do most of them at Potomac Hospital all in one day!! 

I think it is normal to feel stressed over this.  It is a huge step but it is a good one!!  My own surgery is coming up in just over 2 weeks.  Best of luck to you!!!
YaVon
on 7/13/09 1:31 am - Henrico, VA
Welcome and enjoy your journey, it will change your life. 
dlo2
on 7/11/09 12:14 pm - Brandenburg, KY
Best of luck to you for your surgery.  I am sure it will go well.  Thanks for the kind words.
Tam
on 7/11/09 10:05 am - Richmond, VA
Hello and Welcome!  Stress is very normal and the time will fly by.  Take this time to start making the changes you will need to post op and up your protein intake.  It will help post op and aide in your healing.  Just don't stock up on protein as your tastes will most likely change post op.  I look forward to getting to know you!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

dlo2
on 7/11/09 12:22 pm - Brandenburg, KY
Thanks for the warm welcome.  I guess you are right about making chances now.  There is no time like the present.  My biggest stress right now is over my decision to go with the RNY verses the lap band.  I feel the RNY will be my best chance for success, but there are so many risk involved.  but the band has it's own risk as well.  How did you decide which surgery to go with?
Tam
on 7/15/09 1:07 am - Richmond, VA
Personally I chose a surgeon before chosing a procedure.  Lap Band was never an option for me.  I wanted results and I wanted something permanant.  I lost 260 lbs, got pregnant, gave birth to a healthy baby girl in March and only have 2 more lbs to lose to get back to me prepreggers weight. 

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Tina22026
on 7/11/09 9:26 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Awesome you got a date!  You're absolutely feeling the same emotions we all did once we got the date and the reality sets in that the surgery is finally going to happen.  lt will go by quickly and your next life chapter is about to begin and it will be glorious!  Congrats and welcome to the board - look forward to getting to know you better.

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

lysb
on 7/12/09 10:08 pm - Alexandria, VA
Welcome to the VA board!  Your date is coming soon, i'm so excited for you!  Drs. Tran & Halmi did my surgery, they are AWESOME!  If you feel up to it, come to the support group meeting (first thursday of the month), i did before my surgery, its really helpful to see and meet people in different stages of their journey.  lys

dlo2
on 7/12/09 11:52 pm - Brandenburg, KY
Thanks for the welcome, I do plan on coming to the support group and look forward to meeting everyone.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views