Got a Date!!!!!

FeFi
on 7/9/09 10:04 am - GA
RNY on 04/24/14

I am new to this forum and just wanted to say Hello!

My surgery date is July 15th at Fair Oaks.  I went today for my last visit with the Dr.  I am so nervous right now.  I started the Liquid Diet yesterday and it is rough for me, but I am determined to get through it.

Denise V.
on 7/9/09 10:27 am
Congrats!!!  Wow, July 15th is just around the corner!!  I bet the liquids suck, but it will all be worth it in a few weeks, you will see!

Good luck and all the best to you!
~*~Denise~*~
Proud Wife to Ben 9/14/04
Proud Mommy to Zoeyann 9/30/08
FeFi
on 7/10/09 9:46 am - GA
RNY on 04/24/14
Thank you so much Denise!  I really love this support system here on the Virginia board.  I am new to the area due to hubby job transfer and it is only us and my young son........  Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers come this Wednesday, July 15th.  I am the first one in at 8:00am
Melissa N.
on 7/9/09 11:36 am - Stafford, VA
Congrats on your surgery date!!!  Right around the corner.  You are in great hands.  The liquid diet was the toughest for me as well.  It is nothing compared to the way it is after surgery.  Not to mention I was having an allergic reaction to the Optifast shakes.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

FeFi
on 7/10/09 9:52 am - GA
RNY on 04/24/14
Melissa, you are so right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I went to the Zoo today and the smell of the food was very tempting to me, at one point my 8 year old son asked if I wanted some of his ice cream and I said No honey mommy can't have anything outside this diet.    To me the soup is awful, I can take the shakes but the soup and peanut bar is the worse.   The liquid diet after surgery is a little bit better.   I'm looking forward to the mushy phase.  Just two more weeks.
Pat F.
on 7/9/09 11:43 am - Richmond, VA
Congrats and it is right around the corner. Good luck.

FeFi
on 7/10/09 9:55 am - GA
RNY on 04/24/14
Thank you Pat!

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers on Wednesday, July 15th.  I'm the first one in at 8am.

Felecia
Brenda E.
on 7/9/09 9:55 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Congrats and best of luck to you!!  I start my liquid diet on the 15th so let me know if you have any secrets on how to get through it!!
FeFi
on 7/10/09 10:03 am - GA
RNY on 04/24/14

Hi Brenda,

I say pray and pray hard!!!!!!!!!!  It is rough for me.   The shakes are not as bad, but the soup is awful.  I had to put a lot of salt and pepper and seasoning in it to get it down today.  The peanut  bar is not as bad, but not as good either.

The good part is that you can have water, sf Popsicles, and sf Jello so that is helping me through the day.

Brenda E.
on 7/10/09 9:11 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Oh I am already praying I make it through the liquid diet without being a total ***** to my family.  What kind of soup did they give you?  I start on the liquids on the 15th same day you have your surgery.  I will be thinking about you and will pray everything goes well for you!! 

The tough part for me will be next weekend.  We had planned to attend a huge BBQ/Party with some friends on the 18th well before I knew my surgery date.  So now we are still going but I will be on liquids.  It will be tough but I am hoping the party takes my mind off of the liquids!!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views