Welcome to Wednesday!

Tam
on 7/7/09 8:07 pm - Richmond, VA

Good AM folks!  How was your Tuesday?  What's on the books for this wonderful Wednesday?

Tuesday was OK for me but very stressful.  Insomnia is kicking my butt and it is really wearing on me. 

On the agenda for today is not much!  I am trying to keep things simple until I get better and not put too much on my plate.  I have to do one load of laundry and unload the dishwasher so I can load it throughout the day.  Otherwise...just spending time with my girls.

I am so happy for Ms Court and family...they FINALLY closed on the house yesterday and got the keys!  They will be very busy over the next several days/weeks but I wanted them to know they are in my thoughts and prayers.

On a side note...for those of you that know Natalie (Tink) and Alan...please say some prayers.  Alan's father passed away and I am sure they could use all the extra knee mail we could spare.

Have a fabulous day!

Ms Court
on 7/7/09 8:24 pm - Remington, VA
Morning!  Internet still up for the moment so I figured I would pop in to say hi!  Everything went great yesterday.  The only surprise: we have a kitty family.  Momma and two cute kittens living under our deck.  Since hubby is highly allergic they will have to stay outside but we picked up some food and we will try to take care of them.  Got our room prepped and primed so it will be ready for paint tonight.  Also got our youngest's room ready.  Today is work and then off to the house to work on some painting.  Have a great day!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

lysb
on 7/7/09 9:04 pm - Alexandria, VA
good morning all - Tam, i hope that insomnia leaves NOW!  Ms. Court congrats on the new house and the new kitty family.  on tap for me, 2 swim practices this morning, going to go get some blood drawn for follow up on my low vitamin "D" and then off to potomac mills mall with sarah and a friend....stay cool!  lys

Lifeski
on 7/7/09 9:33 pm
Congrats Ms. Court.  You are going to be busy but it will be so worth it.  Tammy as far as the insomnia goes (I don't know if you are nursing or not) my doc recommended Melatonin (found in the natural herb isle of the grocery store or in the health food store)  and it helped a lot.  Obviously if you are nursing that would probably be out of the question.
Over the weekend discoved my insurance had changed it's requirements for WLS and now I only need a three month supervised  diet instead of the 6 month diet.  Had my psych eval yesterday and while long it seemed to go well.  Things are moving along.  Still undecided about which surgery to have but it will come in time.

Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

Penny Denny
on 7/7/09 9:35 pm - Collinsville, VA
Tammy, What do you mean "until I get better"? What's going on?

Tuesday was a good day. All the kids are at church camp so Lewis and I spent the day in roanoke. We did lots of shopping, went to the movies, and then to Hillsville to visit the kids. They are having a great time.

Today, I have my gallbladder scan. My family physician did not think my bilirubbin levels were very high but going to send me for the scan as a precaution. Then I'm going to finish my community challenge card...only 2 more things to go. We're also taking my sis out to eat for her birthday.

Have a good day ya'll, Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Kitty Kat
on 7/7/09 11:31 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am,

What a BEAUTIFUL Wednesday morning this is! The temps are GREAT! Makes walking a lot more enjoyable.

Our Tuesday was AWESOME! I love rolling through my to do list & feeling accomplished. We are getting things cleaned up big time & working towards a make over which I'm totally stoked about!

On the book for today is working my pretty long to do list & focusing on the positives & remind myself I cannot control others words, actions/inactions only MY OWN. I'm going to let some things go today that I've been holding onto & remember the Serenity Prayer.

Tammy I certainly hope you get to feeling better sooner than later. Help is all around you.  :)

CONGRATS Court & family on the closing & moving into your new home! :) 

My condolences to Natalie, Alan & the family on the loss of Alan's father. Prayers being said.

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Cindy S.
on 7/8/09 1:09 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Hi everyone!!!
    Court, congratulations on the house closing and now the preparations before moving in day!
Prayers to those who need them.

Today proved a better day than I expected!!! Stopped at my fav place for a cuppa and joked with the owner. Then it was off to work. Was able to pick up tickets for the musical Footloose. Taking three of the folks from the group home. Looking forward to seeing the musical and compare it to the movie. This may sound selfish,  but when I arrived at the group home to do direct care, the staff who I have trouble working with was not there. No one knew where she was. Her absense gave me the opportunity to work with the folks alone. Sometimes it is hard for me to "share" the guys and today I didn't have to. I hope that the staff who is MIA is alright, but her absense was like a gift. The stress of working with her was not there and the folks always respond well to me without a second party barging in.
  At home, washing a load of clothes and checking e-mail before bed.
 In the morning, off to required First Aid training and then office and direct care work. Then home at 5pm.
  Looking forward to the weekend.  Hopefully I can work in the garden and clean this house. Also going to see the movie Doubt followed by a group discussion.
   Peace,
   Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views