Had my EGD today....

Melissa N.
on 7/6/09 9:25 am - Stafford, VA
Did I ever tell you my gastro Dr is HOT. Yummy.  I forgot how fine he was until I saw him in the procedure room.  (OK, still a little high from the anestsia, this must be why they don't want you signing any legal documents)

SO the result are and ulcer (I think two? or the same one, it looks like two from pictures) and inflamation.  It is small though thank goodness.  It is located in the small intestine.  Basically he explain the where the small intestine connects to the pouch there is this curve, in that curve is the ulcer.  And he said it was most likly caused by that?  He has me continue on the nexium, vicoden, promethasine and will be adding calfrate.  He had no scripts so I will see him in the morning at 9am in the office.  He took biopsy to check for bacteria (pretty sure H.Pylori)  SO that is about it in a nutshell.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Pat F.
on 7/6/09 12:02 pm - Richmond, VA
Glad they found it and can take care of it. Take it easy.

melanie M.
on 7/6/09 12:34 pm - Hopewell, VA
Sorry you are having problems. Here is my situation with my EDG too:

Upper GI showed my pouch was not made small enough according to GBP guidelines (twice the size its suppose to be made)

Endrocopy showed anastomosis is too dilated and surrounding gastritis of the stomach.

Surgeon's office(of course not original one) just called to schedule a revision EDG  and I have no clue what that is.

Guess they will call back tomorrow.. Let me know what they say about biopsy
Ms Court
on 7/6/09 10:42 pm - Remington, VA
Well now you know what the problem is.  Hoping they can fix it easily and fast.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Melissa N.
on 7/7/09 8:40 pm - Stafford, VA
I am so glad you got some answers.  I have been thinking about you.  He is probablly talking about the stomaphix.  It is a revision done through the mouth where they will tighen up the stoma. 

http://www.wlshelp.com/stomaphyx.html

415/375/180/175

lysb
on 7/6/09 9:10 pm - Alexandria, VA
Melissa - glad you got the answers, will keep you in my prayers.  Melanie, prayers for you too, lys

Tina22026
on 7/6/09 9:53 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Melissa - glad that you are being taken care of and that they found the problem.  Hopefully it'll be a quick fix.

Melanie- sorry to hear about yours - have been wondering about you lately!  Hope your problem gets fixed quickly as well.  Keep us posted.

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Ms Court
on 7/6/09 10:41 pm - Remington, VA
Glad to hear they found the culprit and are treating it.  Hope you are feeling better soon.!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Tam
on 7/7/09 12:26 am - Richmond, VA
Glad you have an answer now...and thanks for cracking me up this AM...HOT!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Melissa N.
on 7/7/09 8:37 pm - Stafford, VA
Thanks everyone!  I saw my gastro Dr yesterday AM.  He gave me the calfrate and some more prescrips.  I am scheduled for another endo in September to check the ulcer.  I was in pain yesterday from it but I think it was from biopsy he took that aggrevated it.  I am feeling better this am.  Thank goodness.

415/375/180/175

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views