Preop diet... hungry....frustrated...

Lifeski
on 6/29/09 3:43 am
Yes I am having my surgery at MCV also.  I think part of my frustration is that I have been part of a clinical trial for the past 16 months and had hoped that would serve as my 6 month diet but since that was all experimental we can't use it.  I have my psych scheduled for July 7th so that will be done.  I am exercising daily using the EA Active program for the Wii and either the eliptical or treadmill.   Right now everything I am doing is for my insurance company.  The doctor has seen my ability to be complient while working with me for the past 16 months.  Thanks for your support and I will be thinking of you on the 15th.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

AmyLee2553
on 6/29/09 4:15 am - Amherst, VA
Yeah....you'd think it would.  I have Anthem insurance and they are cracking down on restrictions/requirements for this surgery on July 1 which is what prompted me to go ahead with it.  I've been looking at it for 3 years. 

I will be down there on the 7th also...having my pre-op stuff done.  Best of luck to you and with getting approval. 
Making positive changes...................
Melissa N.
on 6/29/09 4:26 am - Stafford, VA
UGH!  Men just make me sick.  My husband has dropped about 50lbs since Christmas and has not changed to much.  Eating healthier yes,  but it has just melted off of him.  He is looking really good though now. hehehe I am proud of him though. 

I remember the 6 month supervised diet all to well.  When hungry, eat some veggies.  You may also want to look at valumetrics. 

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

hopeforme
on 7/18/09 3:05 pm - Charles City, VA
Why do you think you doing this 6 months, the insurance hopes you will get frustrated and quite!!! Dont give in to them!  As far as being not satisfied or hungry so much of that is head hungry, no matter what surgery you have you will have to learn to deal with that.  I just stop myself and say is this my head or am i really hungry and most times its my head but yes that will not go away with surgery just the real hungry.  Good luck hang in there

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views