Preop diet... hungry....frustrated...

Lifeski
on 6/27/09 12:45 am
So I am now into month 2 of the insurance required 6 month diet.  I have lost 4 or 5 pounds.  I am very frustrated with this whole process though.  First of all I am so tired of feeling not satisfied.  I state it that way instead of hungry because I simply do not know which is which right now.  Throw in boredom because I am off for the summer and it really screws things up.  Normally I am not an "eat because I am bored or upset" eater but right now I just constantly feel hungry.    To compound my frustration my husband joined biggest loser at work and has dropped 11 lbs in 6 weeks.  Yep he now weighs a whopping 189 lbs and is 6 ft tall.  I joke that he is lucky we don't have weapons in the house but I am very proud of him,  and very jealous that he makes it look so easy.  I just want to get my tool and move on.  I tend to be very impatient and once I make a decision it's done...but with this journey I don't seem to be able to control anything except for now what I choose not to eat.  Well thanks for letting me rant and any suggestions on hunger control will certainly be appreciated.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

melanie M.
on 6/27/09 2:10 am - Hopewell, VA
First of all Congrats on month 2!! 

I dont know what diet they have you on but when I had to do my 6month diet I was able to snack alot. I would eat Sugar free pudding(splenda based) or fresh veggies with a low fat dip. Also eat fruits when hungry. I would eat every 2 hrs if I was hungry. Drink lots of water too it will make you feel full.

Hope this helps!!

Dont get frustrated or jealous about hubbys weightloss.. you are almost there and then you will be dropping off the pounds too
Lifeski
on 6/27/09 4:26 am
I am just on the 6 month physician supervised diet.  Thanks for the suggestions.  I have some of the sugar free puddings and such.  Will use them more.  I don't care for water so I have been downing Crystal Light Apple Cranberry by the ton.  I know probably not quite as good as plain water but it works for me.  It's a great time fo year for fruits and my local grocer has had the best peaches lately.  Also it's tomato season and they are one of my favorite snacks.  Thanks for the support.
Teresa

Tam
on 6/27/09 10:44 pm - Richmond, VA
Teresa,

I really don't have any advice because I didn't have to do this before approval but I wanted to wish you luck and give support.  Hang in there!  You CAN do this!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

lysb
on 6/27/09 4:26 am - Alexandria, VA
Teresa - i know it is really, really frustrating.  i did the 6 month diet on WW and lost a whopping total of 8 lbs!  This surgery is what i needed to jump start my weight loss journey.  I wish you the best of luck and continued success. lys

Lifeski
on 6/27/09 4:32 am
Thanks.  I  look at all of the foods I no longer eat and am amazed that

1. I don't weight a lot more than I do
2. The weight is not falling off already

I will look at this as a test of my patience.  I survived 4 children this should be a breeze!  

Teresa

Coastie_wife_Cindy
on 6/27/09 5:24 am - Portsmouth, VA
Hang in there!  I don't have a ton of advice.  I had to do this horrible 2 week slim fast diet right before surgery.  I was only allowed 4 shakes a day and 1 meal bar.  It was pure hell!  So I can only image what you are going through.  

Brenda E.
on 6/27/09 11:05 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I know how frustrating it is because I just ended my 6 month diet (actually because my dr messed up I had to do 9 months).  He had me doing Weigh****chers and on an appetite suppressant and still I think I lost a total of 15 lbs the entire 9 months.  The nutritionist told me not to worry so much about the diet right now and stress your body out on it.  She said to steer clear of all the bad sugars and carbs. To eat lean meats and fruits, veggies and whole grains.and that I would be fine.  As long as you do NOT gain any weight! 

As far as your hubby losing...men always lose faster than us!!  It is very frustrating but nothing we can do about it.  Just be proud of him for doing so and know that your day is coming soon. 
Ms Court
on 6/28/09 12:41 am - Remington, VA
Sorry to hear you are so frustrated but hang it there as it will be worth it in the long run.  Sounds like you are doing some great ha*****anges that will benefit you when you have surgery.  I was never a big water fan either so crystal light has always been my favorite.  Make some healthy snack choices to help you out with the cravings.  Throw in some exercise, brisk walks are supposed to be good at helping with cravings.  Remember: you can do this.

As for the husband thing, men lose faster and it sucks.  At least he is being supportive and working on the weight issue also and not tempting you with stuff you can't have.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

AmyLee2553
on 6/29/09 1:02 am - Amherst, VA
I also am preop with surgery on July 15.  I had to get psychological clearance.  They want to see that you can lose weight and can also modify your lifestyle to include exercise.  I had this clearance at MCV which is where I'm having my surgery (and it looks like you may be too). 

This weekend, I started a liquid diet with protein shakes, SF popsicles, SF jello, and water, water, water.  This weekend, however, I had "normal" dinners Saturday and Sunday and tonight will have a liquid meal.    This is rough but it is tolerable.  I think it helped me to "ease into it". 

If you don't exercise, you might try adding walking to your routine.  It has helped me tremendously :) 
Making positive changes...................
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views