update........

danie
on 6/26/09 12:55 am - virginia beach, VA
so i got the call today and i have a surgery date. yaaaayyyyy.  Its july 28 i am still waiting for approval from from tricare. They say that it only takes a couple of days  for them to get back to me. I am keeping everything crossed and praying   that i et approved.  The only thing is that they found gall stones and he wants to remove my gall blander.  which i guess i have to do  what i have to do . My only Question now is that will i have to have an open bypass  instead now.  I am so excited the 28th is right around the corner so yaaaaaaayyyyyyy meeeeeeeeee.
tommygirl
on 6/26/09 1:01 am
Congrats on your surgery date. The open bypass isn't that bad. I had it and had no complications just some pain, but it was worth it al.
Your day will be here before you know it. I will add you to my prayer list.
Tomygirl  Betty
Brenda E.
on 6/26/09 1:02 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Congrats Danie!!!  It is a great feeling to get that call    Best of luck to you!!
Melissa N.
on 6/26/09 1:07 am - Stafford, VA
Congrats on your day!!! 

I had my gallbladder removed in like 06 and it was done Lap.  When I had my RNY last year it was lap and they pretty much went through the same incisions plus a couple of new ones.  They will prolly do the surgeries at the same time and there is not reason, pending all things constant, that they do it LAP.

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

tiffyp
on 6/26/09 1:11 am - Disputanta, VA
 congrats danie!!

260/247/233/156/150 highest/consult/preop/current/goal

Tam
on 6/26/09 1:25 am - Richmond, VA
Congrats, Danie!  The can probably still do it Lap.  I had my gallbladder out at the same time as my WLS but mine was open.  Good luck!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

~~Theresa Marie~~
on 6/26/09 4:44 am - Closing in on SkinnyVille, VA
Congratulations. Just so you know, you can have your gall bladder out at the same time as your RNY and they can do it laproscopically. That's when they took out mine and it meant only 2 additional incisions. Again, congratulations.
Theresa Marie
Lap RNY  - April 30, 2008
Open heart surgery (mitral valve repair & MAZE) - April 13, 2009
356/297.5/152.5/170/150 - consult/surgery morn/now/dr goal/my goal
Skinnyville is NO longer miles away...  It's a mere walk to the corner!!
Facebook me @ Theresa Marie Lehman

danie
on 6/26/09 4:51 am - virginia beach, VA
good to know i have been really wondering about that. they will be taking my gall blander out the same time as my rny. so now its just a matter of waiting for tricare to approve . thanks everyone for your kind words
Ms Court
on 6/28/09 12:36 am - Remington, VA
Congratulations!  Good thing they found out about those gall stones so you don't have to go through another surgery later.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

danie
on 6/28/09 1:21 am - virginia beach, VA
My thoughts exactly Ms Court
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views