Major big prayer needed...

Lisa W.
on 6/24/09 9:04 am - Charles Town, WV
RNY on 08/21/07 with

I followed up with the cardiologist who saw me at IFOH during my last stay two weeks ago.  I didn't know at the time why I was really being evaluated by a cardiologist other than I have a murmur and past issues and just figured they were covering all of their bases.  In any case, they wanted me to follow up in two weeks and that was today.
So, he sits me down and tells me that my anemia is essentially killing me slowly.  Basically, if I do not get this ulcer issue fixed ASAP then, I will end up in congestive heart failure pretty quickly.  I am already exhibiting early symptoms. 
So, I have an appt. on 7/20 with the best bariatric surgeons in the country at Johns Hopkins.  If they have NOTHING to offer me other than reversal...then, reversal will be what happens.  My hope is that they do have another solution.  However, at this point, I will do whatever is necessary to keep from dying and leaving my babies without a momma.
In the meantime, I have to have my blood levels monitored very closely since I was last transfused two weeks ago...my counts are already dropping.  Now, they didn't find any ACTIVE bleeding by the time of my discharge...but, they suspect that I'm having on/off periods of bleeding associated with the ulcer.

In any case, please keep me and my family in your prayers.  Regardless of how you may feel about me, I would hope that none of you would wish this on me or anyone else.  Thanks so much!

Lisa W.
RNY 8/21/07
Starting weight 348
Current weight  188
Super Momma to:
Aidan 2/14/02 and
Aimee 2/06/04
First Post-op baby due 9/10!
Pat F.
on 6/24/09 11:26 am - Richmond, VA
Lisa I am so sorry that you are going through this and you are in my prayers and throughts. Please keep us informed about how you are doing.

Cindy S.
on 6/24/09 1:06 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Lisa,
 Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. hope that the surgeons at John Hopkins can find a solution for you. You and your family have been through alot this year.
Peace,
Cindy
tommygirl
on 6/24/09 1:11 pm
Lisa you will definitely be in my prayers and I will continue to pray for you. God knows all things, and I  am believing God for a complete healing for you. Sometimes we don;t understand why we have to go through all these trials and tribulations. Please feel free to post I care about you and your family and the trials you are going through. I will put you on our prayer list at church and also my home church in Pa. God tell us to pray one for another.
If you need someone to talk or just listen I am hear for you.
Tomygirl Betty
Penny Denny
on 6/24/09 8:03 pm - Collinsville, VA
You are in my prayers Lisa. Please keep us posted. I'm so glad you get to see a top notch surgeon.

Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

MerMer
on 6/24/09 8:46 pm
Prayers being sent for you and your family.
Tina22026
on 6/24/09 9:28 pm
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Prayers going out to you and the family, Lisa.  Hang in there!

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Tam
on 6/24/09 11:09 pm - Richmond, VA
Always sending prayers!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views