Totally Tuesday

Ms Court
on 6/22/09 9:12 pm - Remington, VA
Morning all!!  How are you?  Things are good here.  Work was busy yesterday which helped the day pass.  Came home and enjoyed some outside time with the family then came in for dinner.  After dinner it was a spur of the moment kick ball game.  Wow what fun that was.  Then it was back home for rest & bed.  Today will be work of course for me & hopefully some house news.  Keep those positive vibes coming my way!  Have a great one!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Penny Denny
on 6/22/09 10:05 pm - Collinsville, VA
Court,

Prayers being said for your house situation. I know this is frustrating.

Yesterday, I fit in alot of exercise. I LOVE water aerobics.

Today, I'm working at the business for a few hours. I have "lunch on the run" at 12, which will include an hour walk in uptown Martinsville. Then off to the pool and step aerobics tonight.

Have a great day all, PEnny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Brenda E.
on 6/22/09 10:59 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Good morning everyone!  Yesterday was busy day of running to drs appts for myself and my husband.  Going to be a busy month of running to appts for me it sounds like.  I have a lot of tests to take before surgery, some I expected some I didnt.  I think the one that scares me the most is the sleep study.  I am terrible about sleeping away from home with my husband with me dont know how I will every sleep without him there, not to mention all the wires you have to be hooked up to.  Needless to say I left the surgeons office yesterday feeling a bit overwhelmed!!  I know it will all turn out ok though!!

Today it is cleaning house, laundry and grocery shopping.  The rest of the week I am babysitting my niece because my inlaws are going to Florida.  Wish I was going to Florida with them instead of babysitting!
Lifeski
on 6/23/09 10:43 pm
Speak to the folks doing the sleep study in advance.  I also could not sleep at home and they gave me a sleeping pill.  Yes the wires are intimidating but it's doable for one night.  I attempted 3 sleep studies before being successful using the sleeping pill.  It is a shame I wasted so long because I have severe sleep apnea and have for 20 years.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

Brenda E.
on 6/24/09 9:57 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Thanks for that bit of advice Teresa!  I will definately talk to them about it. 
ladybug1957
on 6/25/09 2:57 am
Hi Brenda,
I know how you feel about sleeping away. I had the sleep study and I got to bring my own blankets and pillows. I know this sounds crazy but they might let you bring your husband.
The sleep study that I had I really think they would of let me bring him. ask them. but  if  yours does not maybe take a pillow and put his collone on it. I think they will give you a sleeping pill if you cant sleep. Boy sounds like you have a lot on your plate.  Hope thinks slow down for you. take care,  Good luck to you on your way to surgery. I have not got that far yet but I know that I will be starting all those test on me next month. I will  be like you overwhelmed, But excited.,Have a blessed day cahrlene
hmd77
on 6/23/09 12:56 am - KY
Morning all!  I want to say how thankful I am to be able to ask / talk to you all about WLS.  It has really helped me to calm my fears and become more knowledgeable about WLS.  Yesterday I went to my PCM for my referral for WLS.  I have Kaiser so I have to do a class/steps but it is not until the end of July. Once I take the class I will know what steps to take next (or so they say LOL) for final approval. I am glad that I finally took the first steps to get the ball rolling in what seems like something that was forever in the making. So Happy Tuesday everyone - I am definitely excited and having a good day thus far!!!

XOX
Heather
lysb
on 6/23/09 1:13 am - Alexandria, VA
Good morning all, and welcome Heather!  I went for my plastic surgery consult (Dr. Krieger) today, he was fabulous!  He said i have at least 15-18 lbs of skin to be taken off my stomach...no surprise to me, but to finally hear someone else SAY it meant alot!  I will keep you all close in prayer.  Have a great day! lys

hmd77
on 6/23/09 1:18 am - KY

15-18lbs!! That will be awesome to get rid of!  Will your insurance cover the plastic surgery? I guess I should have asked my Dr that too! I will add that to my list of Q's! LOL

lysb
on 6/23/09 1:58 am - Alexandria, VA
No, insurance will not cover that, but i' m willing to try and get some financing~!  lys

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views