To any intersted pre-ops living within driving distance of Baltimore, MD

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/09 6:21 am - Woodbridge, VA
Johns Hopkins in Baltimore is conducting a study to compare the physical and metabolic changes among the different types of WLS procedures. They still need more DSers, VSGers, and Band patients (I do not believe they need more RNY patients at this time).

I am a DS participant in the study, as are a handful of others who post here on OH. I am just about 3 months out and have now seen evidence of improvement in my type 2 diabetes - REAL evidence of an actual metabolic change beyond just finger sticks and A1C readings, which is all I would have to go by otherwise. We also get bone density and body composition scans, among many other tests, so lots of free medical testing that is, IMO, very interesting, and that most of us would not normally get without participating.

Oh, and it is a PAID study - not exactly "quit your day job" kind of bucks, but it more than covers my cost for the gas to drive there and back every few months.

I don't want to post the study coordinator's info here because I don't want her to get spammed, so if you'd like more information, just shoot me a PM and I can put you in touch with her.

And no, I don't get anything out of recruiting or referring new patients - I am just trying to be helpful, and I think studies like these are VERY important!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views