Fair Oaks Hospital vs. Potomac

lysb
on 6/23/09 1:10 am - Alexandria, VA
I did not realize it was "normal" to have both drs, but i guess you need at least 4 hands to do the surgery!  Hope all goes well for you.  lys

Mary B.
on 6/23/09 3:45 am - Southern, MD
Hi! I had my surgery in Feb. When I went into the office for my consult I met with Dr. Halmi. I had my surgery and all of my pre-op done at Potomac Hospital. I really liked it there. It seemed like everything was brand new and there is an entire bariatric section of the hospital.

On the day of my surgery, I found out Dr. Tran would be perfroming the surgery. He was just as nice as Dr. Halmi, though Halmi is a little more laid back.

The only thing I didnt like about the hospital was that the beds were a little short I thought...LOL Im 5'9 and could have used a couple more inches especially once they put those leg puffer thingies on my feet. Everyone at the hospital was SO nice. The length of the bed is the only complaint I can think of!

Good Luck!!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Denise V.
on 6/26/09 12:05 am
Hi,
Thank you do much for responding.  I went for my appt with Dr Tran yesterday and all went well.  I will be having surgery at Potomac, that way I can have it done a couple weeks sooner, and he felt that Potomac was just as good as Fair Oaks.

I also found out that both him and Dr. Halmi will be doing my surgery as I am a revision, so that made my mind a bit more at ease.... I LOVE both the Drs, could not ask for anyone better... I am very comfortable with the two of them, and hope they can work their magic on me! :)
~*~Denise~*~
Proud Wife to Ben 9/14/04
Proud Mommy to Zoeyann 9/30/08
mgrimesii
on 6/23/09 7:38 pm - Alexandria, VA
My mother had hers at Potomac and the only thing was her surgery was suppose to be at 9 and she didnt get in until 1. I dont know if it was the doctor or potomac.... But I am having mine at fair oaks
Denise V.
on 6/26/09 12:06 am
Hi,

Thanks for posting!  Sounds like the delay was probably the Dr's, but who knows.  Looks like I will be having mine done at Potomac afterall...  Here is hoping all goes well.  Wishing you luck as well!
~*~Denise~*~
Proud Wife to Ben 9/14/04
Proud Mommy to Zoeyann 9/30/08
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views