Fair Oaks Hospital vs. Potomac

Denise V.
on 6/22/09 5:32 am
Hi!

I am still pretty new to VA and have been approved for a revising with Dr. Halmi and Tran and am wondering what hospital I would be best at.... I am looking at both Fair Oaks and Potomac, but always like to get first hand knowledge from those that have been there...

Also, I am currently seeing Dr Halmi and have an appt to meet with Dr Tran later this week, but am wondering how the compare to each other... Do they work as a team in the operating room, or is it only one Dr?

Thanks in advance!
Denise
~*~Denise~*~
Proud Wife to Ben 9/14/04
Proud Mommy to Zoeyann 9/30/08
Amanda G.
on 6/22/09 5:53 am - Fairfax , VA
I have never used Potomac Hosp.  but used Fair Oaks for my RNY and I can't say enough about how wonderful my experience was.  Everyone was super nice and helpful.  Not once did i feel judged for my decision.  The nurse who did my pre-surfical interview and tests had RNY like 8 years ago.   It was a very positive experiece.  I have used Fairfax Hosp, Resto Hosp, and Prince William Hosp over the years for various reasons and Fair Oaks was by far the best and the one I will use from now on.

Cheers!
Amanda

Denise V.
on 6/22/09 10:53 pm
Good morning!

Thank you for taking time to read and respond to my post, it really is appreciated!  I am glad that you had a positive experience at Fair Oaks, that is the hospital my insurance has me approved for, and seems to be the one that I am leaning towards, Ihave spent a lot of time looking over both places, and it seems that Fair Oaks is a good fit for me!

Thanks again,
Denise
~*~Denise~*~
caroline2622
on 6/22/09 6:44 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Denise go with Fair Oaks Hospital.  You want to best and will get it there ...   Potomac Hospital has a poor anestisit program.    Dr Halmi has been doing bariatric surgery alot longer.   Understand Dr Tran has a great reputation was well.

Best of luck and your research

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Denise V.
on 6/22/09 10:55 pm
Good morning!

Thank you for taking time to read and respond to my post, it really is appreciated! Funny I have heard from a few people over the last couple days about the program at Potomac.....

Thanks again,
Denise
~*~Denise~*~
Tina22026
on 6/22/09 10:18 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
Dr. Halmi performed my open RNY at Potomac.  l think he's great!  I had a nice time at Potomac as well.  l feel l got treated well and had a pleasant stay.  (Of course, l was drugged most of the time) LOL   But, seriously, go where ever you feel more comfortable.

Halmi and Tran do their own individual surgeries but when you go in for an appt.  you could see either one of them or even one of the others in their practice. 

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Denise V.
on 6/22/09 10:58 pm
Good morning!

Thank you for taking time to read and respond to my post, it really is appreciated!  I am glad all went well for you, I am also leaning towards Dr. Halmi as he is the first one that I saw at the practice and I really took a liking towards him and he seems to have more experience... Not to mention he got me approved for my revision!  That is odd that only one of the Dr was in the operating room (if I understood that correct), I remember when I had my original surgery I had both of the Dr's from the practice in the operating room, one as the primary and the other as the secondary surgeon.... 

Thanks again,
Denise
~*~Denise~*~
lysb
on 6/22/09 8:06 pm - Alexandria, VA
I had Drs Halmi AND Tran did my surgery at Potomac hospital (i loved it there), but that is my opinion.  Good luck to you the drs are fabulous! lys

Denise V.
on 6/22/09 10:59 pm
Good morning!

Thank you for taking time to read and respond to my post, it really is appreciated!  I am glad that all went well for you at Potomac!  was there a particular reason that you had both Dr's, if you do not mind me asking?  I always thought that it was standard procedure to have 2 Dr's in the operating room.... Who knows...

Thanks again,
Denise
~*~Denise~*~
Tina22026
on 6/23/09 2:17 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
To be honest - l don't remember if there were more than Dr. Halmi there.  l suppose it's possible and there may have been another surgeon there but l neither asked nor did anyone introduce themselves.  Of course, the anesthesia was kicking in when l got there. 

l do know that every day l was in the hospital l was visited by a surgeon from the practice... l saw Dr. Halmi twice , Dr. Tran and 2 other docs.  Either way,  you are in good hands with Dr. Halmi. 

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views