Looking for a good doc near DC for a friend! HELP?

knomel1
on 6/17/09 1:50 am
REALIZE Band on 01/23/09 with
Can anyone direct me to a great doc for bypass in DC?  My friend is looking to start the process and needs to know who to go to!

Mel
10.2cc's in my 11cc band - still looking for my sweet spot!
High/Pre-Op/Goal - 263/242/150   
~Without love in your heart, each breath is wasted~

lysb
on 6/17/09 3:21 am - Alexandria, VA
i had my surgery done in woodbridge by Drs. Halmi and Tran, they have several offices in the area, and I LOVE THEM!  their website is:  http://www.bluepointgroup.com/, i hope all goes well for your friend.  lys

hmd77
on 6/17/09 4:24 am - KY
I called Blue Point and they said that they have only had one patient that had Kaiser Permenente get approval to go through BP.  I was hoping to use them because they have a dedicated WLS staff and I have heard good things about BP- Woodbridge.
Heide A.
on 6/17/09 7:36 am - Chantilly, VA
RNY on 02/24/09 with
I would recommend Dr  Moazzez, he is so personable his bedside manner is great, he never rushes you, will answer and any questions, plus his staff is out of this world. He is at INOVA Fair Oaks his number is 703-620-3211
364      330      197   175
START  SURGERY  CURRENT GOAL

MerMer
on 6/17/09 12:47 pm
Hello, I would recommend Dr. Paul Linn at George Washington Hospital.
Ms Court
on 6/17/09 8:21 pm - Remington, VA
I used Dr. Anez out of Farifax.  Have had a great experience with him & his staff.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

spittman
on 6/18/09 4:03 am - Reston, VA
VSG on 06/29/09 with
First question does your friend have insurance? If so, not all great doctors may take that insurance. One should check with the insurance company to see what surgeons are available to them. This will reduce the list of doctors. If your friend is self pay the list is endless. How much is she willing to pay? There are several doctors that are great out of Fairfax Hospital.    Also, how far is your friend willing to travel? I am not getting my surgery in USA but I have had to do a lot of test here. It is a pain to be traveling all over Northern VA to get test, go seminars and support groups.
hmd77
on 6/18/09 6:21 am - KY
Hi :-) I am the friend in question! LOL Nice to meet you all.  I have Kaiser - HMO and they said I need to go through their clinic in Fburg.  In fact, I go on Monday to see my doctor and get a referral to the nutritionist. From what I understand, if I stay in-network my co-pay for the whole thing will be $100 for the hospital. The one thing I am researching now is WLS with a thyroid condition. I have been on thyroid meds for many years and I wonder if that will hinder an effective WLS.

Thanks!!
Heather
erod
on 7/7/09 8:52 am - VA
RNY on 03/23/09 with
Dr. Moazzez and surgery at Fair Oaks Hospital. I can't say enough great things about by my pre and post op bypass experience with him.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views