help in Central VA please DS

klassiest
on 6/16/09 2:49 am - Silver Spring, MD
Is there anyone who has had the duodenal switch that did not have to travel to Northern Virginia to get the procedure done?  I know that I will have to travel because of my location but I was hoping there was a surgeon in the Hampton Roads or Richmond Area.
Ms Court
on 6/16/09 8:17 pm - Remington, VA
Morning!  I don't think we have many DS patients on the board but hopefully someone will be able to answer you.  Best to you on your journey!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

spittman
on 6/18/09 4:13 am - Reston, VA
VSG on 06/29/09 with

There is Dr.  John Kellum in VCU. Not too sure how far is that from you.

VCU Surgical Weight Loss Center.
417 N. 11th Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219
Phone: (804) 828-8000

The man is amazing!!!!

klassiest
on 6/25/09 2:48 am - Silver Spring, MD
He no longer does DS.  Thanks anyway. 
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/09 12:30 pm - Yorktown, VA
I am aiming for the DS this fall.  I am seeing Dr. Sudan at Duke in Durham, NC.  I am in Yorktown and he's about 3.5 hours from me, but I have to go up to Richmond first and then down 295S to 95S to 85S.  He may be closer to you if you are closer to Richmond or already south.

Are you looking into Elariny up in Vienna?  I hear he's great, but that he is out of network for the DS for all insurances....you have to pay up front and then put in to get some reimbursement back.  I scratched him from my list and then found Dr. Sudan.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE him so far and he's got great recommendations from his former patients in Nebraska.  (He recently moved to Duke.)  Anyhow, you can also post on the DS forum.  That's where I do all of my posting and there are a few others from VA over there.

Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views