6 mo dietician not requried by my insurance co.

Toobcherished
on 6/12/09 2:54 am - Henrico, VA
I just spoke to my patient representative at the insurance company  VA BC BS PPO who says that they do not require the 6 mo of dieticians visits .  Only, proof that I meet the guidleines of being morbidly obese for the last 5 years and a BMI of 40.   She says in her experience (she has gone through this) its the docs who sometimes require it.  IT is however not listed under my plan as something that is needed?  Does that sound correct right to anyone here?  Are there any docs in VA that don't make you do 6 mos of dieticians ?
Ms Court
on 6/12/09 8:06 am - Remington, VA
No 6 month diet required here & I did have VA BC/BS.  Some insurances do requre it, some doctors require it.  It varies.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Penny Denny
on 6/12/09 9:42 am - Collinsville, VA

My insurance did not require it. Good luck to you.

Penny

283/274/162
highest/surgery/current

Lifeski
on 6/12/09 8:15 pm
I don't believe my doc requires it but I have IL BC BS PPO and they do require it.,  Good luck.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

Tam
on 6/12/09 11:52 pm - Richmond, VA
Not all policies require it.  I did not have to do it.  I had VABCBS PPO at the time of surgery.

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

tory09
on 7/5/09 3:48 am - col hgts, VA
Hi I have Anthem BCBS PPO also and am in Va as well. I thought as long as you had a 40 bmi you didnt have to show proof of being morbidly obese for 5 yrs?! I hope not. I have been large since the 1990s but not morbidly obese for 5 yrs.  I have probably been in the 35-37 bmi obese category because I had two children during that time. I have always done well when i was pregnant and only gained like 8 pounds with my 2nd child and that was all baby. That is the only times I seem to be able to control my weight, odd isnt it!

i go for my surgical evaluation appointment this week. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Has anyone else had BCBS PPO and did they have to show they were morbidly obese for over 5 yrs?
Thanks for the help!
Tory ~
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views