Daily inspiration - Wear Clothes That Fit

Sporty Jill
on 6/2/09 9:40 pm - Norfolk, VA
Wear clothes that fit.   For some people who have had WLS, buying clothes that fit correctly is a challenge. First, you may not see yourself as you really are; you may still have a "fat" brain--even if your body has slimmed down. And second, you may still be drawn to baggy clothes, thinking they will hide your physical flaws.   It may be time to rethink your fashion choices. Maybe something more form fitting will flatter you now. Maybe you still feel fat, but in reality you look fit and healthy.   Action for the day: If you feel completely out of your element at the clothing store, or if you can't seem to let go of your baggy clothes, go shopping with a friend and let him or her dress you. Even if you don't buy, at least you'll start to see the possibilities.   © 2007, National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. All rights reserved. Daily Inspirations are provided by the National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. Get our free report,  How to Regain-Proof Your Weight Loss Surgery at .www.nawls.com

Certified Personal Trainer

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna
Beginning Weight: 265  Current Weight:143 
So I run like a Girl....now keep up! 

Lauren B
on 6/3/09 1:55 am - VA
This is so true.  I can't tell you how many times I take something in the dressing room to find that it is too large on me.  It's an interesting adjustment to the brain to eyeball clothing now.  Lately, I've been taking in two sizes of each garment.  That way I have it right there on hand.  And it really does depend on the cut and style, of course I love it when I am able to buy the smaller of the two (a total mental thing), but usually decide based on fit.  Sometimes I will go back and forth between two sizes to make sure if I find I'm somewhere in between.  That happens alot too. :)  I enjoyed this topic today Jill!

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

tommygirl
on 6/3/09 4:02 am
My daughter thinks that I still wear some of my clothes baggy but when you are use to wearing baggy clothes for so many years it's a habit  hard   to break. I am working on it though, esp. when I go shopping with her.
tomygirl Betty
cleo66
on 6/3/09 8:31 pm - VA
Love the new pictures!  You both look wonderful and the girls have certainly grown!
tommygirl
on 6/3/09 11:14 pm
Thanks cleo when are we going to get together again? It has been so long since we all got together.  Let me know.
Tomygirl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views