Wanted to pop in for an update...

Lisa W.
on 6/3/09 2:47 pm - Charles Town, WV
RNY on 08/21/07 with
I hope this finds everyone well and enjoying this amazing weather we've had (even the T-storms--I love them!)!
Just wanted to pop in and say hello and let you all know that I saw Dr. Mo today to discuss the newest recurrence of ulcers (ugh). 
He can do nothing more for me at this point except reversal.  So, he wants me to see a surgeon at Johns Hopkins to see what they say.  If the JH doc says to reverse, then I will reverse.
My hope is that there is some cutting edge new thing out there to treat a "special" patient like myself.  :-)  I'm at the end of the line and out of options.  If there are no other options...I will reverse because I can't live like this-in pain all of the time.
Prayers are appreciated. 
Thanks All!
Lisa W.
RNY 8/21/07
Starting weight 348
Current weight  188
Super Momma to:
Aidan 2/14/02 and
Aimee 2/06/04
First Post-op baby due 9/10!
Ms Court
on 6/3/09 8:28 pm - Remington, VA
Morning Lisa!  Glad to hear you have met with Dr. Mo and are looking into your options.  I am sure you are exhausted with dealing with the pain and ready to move on.  Is there any way to switch surgeries, perhaps to the band?  I hope that the solution comes soon and you are pain free. 

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

lysb
on 6/3/09 10:22 pm - Alexandria, VA
Lisa - keeping you close in prayer.  I hope that JH has another option for you, if anyone would it would be that hospital...love ya, lys

tommygirl
on 6/3/09 11:06 pm
I will keep you in prayer and John Hopkins is an excellent hospital. I pray you will be pain free and that there is another option for you. 
Tomygirl Betty
Tam
on 6/4/09 3:08 am - Richmond, VA
Lisa,

Glad you are still looking into your options.  I would also suggest that you talk to Dr Hutcher.  He is one of the inventors of this surgery.  His opinion is invaluable to me and I trust him completely.  I'd even be happy to meet you at his office if you wanted.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Cindy S.
on 6/4/09 11:52 am - Charlottesville, VA
Hi Lisa,
  Prayers and thoughts going out to you as you find the best option for you. Hope that whatever is decided will help you to be pain free.
Peace,
Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views