What Are YOU Doing To Move Today????

Sporty Jill
on 6/1/09 11:35 pm, edited 6/1/09 11:38 pm - Norfolk, VA
Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Well, school is almost out and for many that will mean that the kiddies are home for the summer....disrupting your routine (haha...admit it...they do).  Don't let that be your excuse.  Make them a part of your routine.  If you run, they can ride their bike beside you - let them carry a water bottle for you so you can get in some fluids while you run)....if you walk, take them along....make being active a family affair.

Currently, my hubby, son and myself in training for the 1/2.  We usually run together, motivating each other along the way on the weekends.  And during the week, my hubby and son run together in the morning, and I run in the evening.  And now that Blair has inspired me to look at doing a tri this year instead of next year, hubby has decided that it will become our summer project.

My point is that just because you are trying to be active does not mean that you should not include them.  Family members are great motivators, especially when they see the progress you are making.  Let them be proud of your accomplishments and amaze them - it truely does.

So...what are YOU doing to move today???

Me?  Today is run day.  Hip is a little sore, but I'm trying to get it stretched out before my run during lunch.

Enjoy your day!

Certified Personal Trainer

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna
Beginning Weight: 265  Current Weight:143 
So I run like a Girl....now keep up! 

cleo66
on 6/2/09 12:25 am - VA
Since the weather will be a major golf deterrent, I'm in the gym for 2 of the following 3 hour routines: weight training, BodyATTACK and pilates. Not sure I can do 3 hours in the gym - either boredom or fatigue will set in before I can finish!
Sporty Jill
on 6/2/09 9:39 pm - Norfolk, VA
Hope you had a great time at the gym!  You rock!

"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay." - Madonna

Brenda E.
on 6/2/09 7:01 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I have spent the day cleaning and doing chores for my hubby.  Tonight we are going to go for a walk after dinner if the weather holds out....if it doesnt we have a gym here at our apartment complex we can utilize.  Not a big fan of the treadmill but it will work in a pinch!
Sporty Jill
on 6/2/09 9:39 pm - Norfolk, VA
Definately does - stay cool and hydrated!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views